Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Didnt Holden make the exact same car? Just different badge? Apollo?
I believe Toyota made them all, and stuck Holden badges on some.

Toyota had the Lexcen, which was a commodore with a Toyota badge.

i still have a copy of that yearbook, and it's not me flogging it on eBay
I have a copy as well but for the life of me I have no idea exactly where it is.

For $100 I wouldnt part with it.

Mind you there is probably 1000s of them floating around in the back of people's garage lol.

I have a copy as well but for the life of me I have no idea exactly where it is.

For $100 I wouldnt part with it.

Mind you there is probably 1000s of them floating around in the back of people's garage lol.

mines at the back of shed, im pretty sure that's where i saw it last

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Often wonder what would happen if the AFL had a similar breakaway league like the NRL super league incident from the 90's

Say Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide,West Coast, Fremantle, Power and say 2-3 Vic teams went there own way

On ASUS_I003D using BigFooty.com mobile app
It would be a wonderful competition. :thumbsu:

Often wonder what would happen if the AFL had a similar breakaway league like the NRL super league incident from the 90's

Say Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide,West Coast, Fremantle, Power and say 2-3 Vic teams went there own way

This was my true hope when COVID hit. Obviously with the Vic government essentially underwriting the league it won't happen.

This was my true hope when COVID hit. Obviously with the Vic government essentially underwriting the league it won't happen.

I was hoping a few Vic Clubs would fold, like cockroaches they survived of course.

It’s been my long hope that the AFL implodes, I’ve patiently waited for them to morph into a true and fair national competition but it won’t happen, they’ve tied up the code like mafia bosses or a religious cabal.
Any breakaway comp will be unsustainable, it’d have to be bankrolled with hundreds of millions for over a decade not to mention ground access and TV deals.
If the AFL keeps shitting in its own bed and folds while I’m alive I’ll die a happy man.

It’s been my long hope that the AFL implodes, I’ve patiently waited for them to morph into a true and fair national competition but it won’t happen, they’ve tied up the code like mafia bosses or a religious cabal.
Any breakaway comp will be unsustainable, it’d have to be bankrolled with hundreds of millions for over a decade not to mention ground access and TV deals.
If the AFL keeps shitting in its own bed and folds while I’m alive I’ll die a happy man.
The only way the comp ever changes is if the have nots turn on the haves. The most decisive thing the AFL ever did to preserve its place at the head of the table was dissolve the NFL. Once that body was discarded, the AFL basically governed themselves.

Worth another listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back