List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t bank our future on a kid that’s yet to play, we need a kid that’s yet to be drafted to build our team around.
you missed the point. Imagine if we banked our midfield on toumpas becoming a star.

it's like our key defensive stocks. We wouldn't have banker on Petty becoming an elite defender but now that he has actually shown something we can bank him on continuing at this level for the next 5-9 years

you missed the point. Imagine if we banked our midfield on toumpas becoming a star.

it's like our key defensive stocks. We wouldn't have banker on Petty becoming an elite defender but now that he has actually shown something we can bank him on continuing at this level for the next 5-9 years

Shouldn’t be ‘banking’ on any kid being good. That’s why I’d much prefer to have 3 first round picks over the next 2 years than trade them all for one kid in the top 5.

195cm so still a chance to grow a couple more.

I havnt seen anyone else make this comparison but he actually reminds me most of Aaron Naughton, with his high leap and strong hands.

Has a basketball background, very strong runner and has a lot of X-factor (ie. mercurial/exciting to watch). Nice kick too.

My knocks on him are his 78kgs wringing wet, and that he had a few big games at the champs which elevated his stock, but hasn’t otherwise shown the body of work that the other kids in the first round have.
Naughtons suicidal in the air. Does this kid put himself in danger or does he take nice pretty marks with his athleticism at under age comps. Does he still hit packs if he gets a corky? Weight doesn't matter, what presence does he play with

50% of first rounders don't make it so it's near impossible to bank.

So having as many swing at the first round as possible would be the far better option than trading 3 firsts for pick 4 then wouldnt it

I havnt seen anyone else make this comparison but he actually reminds me most of Aaron Naughton, with his high leap and strong hands.

Has a basketball background, very strong runner and has a lot of X-factor (ie. mercurial/exciting to watch). Nice kick too.

My knocks on him are his 78kgs wringing wet, and that he had a few big games at the champs which elevated his stock, but hasn’t otherwise shown the body of work that the other kids in the first round have.

Naughton? I dont see that. I see Jack Watts at the same age.

Naughtons suicidal in the air. Does this kid put himself in danger or does he take nice pretty marks with his athleticism at under age comps. Does he still hit packs if he gets a corky? Weight doesn't matter, what presence does he play with

He seems too nice to me. Another private school kid who beat up on kids and will get smashed in the AFL. Too many lazy moments where he just hangs back instead of contesting/spoiling when out of position.

I know very little about Jefferson but I feel his lack of physicality may be over exaggerated. He did play the last champs game with a fractured leg or something.

Nobody has made that comparison (Naughton) apart from Jefferson in his own highlights video on AFL website lol

I questioned exactly the same thing and was told that the theory behind it is that you just never know who on the list might be traded the next year, so the club just runs with getting as much as possible through the door this year. In other words, if we found out that we had to trade Oliver next year, we would have enough draft capital in exchange and would be better off using everything we can to get a high pick this year.

Not sure if I've explained that very well, but it made sense when explained to me.

Previously there was the additional theory of getting the young core group as close to the same age as possible, although that isnt as important to us this year.
You can always manoeuvre into next year, you can't manoeuvre into this year when it is over!!

Are you sure about that?

Picks in the teens have turned up plenty of stars, and you get three swings to find one. (with a recruiter like Taylor there is every chance you could find 2)
I agree, number of good players drafted mid first / second / third is high.
Naughton? I dont see that. I see Jack Watts at the same age.
Agree. Except without the elite skill and athleticism.

That said, at pick 13 that is worth the risk on upside if our preferred players aren't still on the board.

Jack Watts would have been a very very good AFL player if he had the right coaching as a junior. Being thrown to the wolves then forced to be something he wasn't for years on years ruined his development. He'd be a ****ing elite winger in modern footy if he trained to run a little more.

Jack Watts would have been a very very good AFL player if he had the right coaching as a junior. Being thrown to the wolves then forced to be something he wasn't for years on years ruined his development. He'd be a ******* elite winger in modern footy if he trained to run a little more.

Yeah, coaches see height and immediately pigeon hole players, takes a smart coach like Roos to realise just coz youre tall doesnt mean youre a KP player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, coaches see height and immediately pigeon hole players, takes a smart coach like Roos to realise just coz youre tall doesnt mean youre a KP player.
Imagine him drifting between the wings using he intelligence to intercept kicks and position himself defensively and then on a break kicking inside 50. He'd be one of the best wingers in the league in this era of footy

Imagine him drifting between the wings using he intelligence to intercept kicks and position himself defensively and then on a break kicking inside 50. He'd be one of the best wingers in the league in this era of footy
If Watts was 185cm instead of 196cm he would’ve had a much better career - partially because ge wouldn’t have gone pick 1 at 185cm either and never would’ve had the pressure to be the dominant tall forward that Melbourne desired.

If Watts was 185cm instead of 196cm he would’ve had a much better career - partially because ge wouldn’t have gone pick 1 at 185cm either and never would’ve had the pressure to be the dominant tall forward that Melbourne desired.
Hed be Lachie Whitfield instead of Jack Watts.

Not the most physical kid I’ve seen - and doesn’t fit the Jason Taylor ‘competitive’ mould.

I can see him sliding - I don’t reckon we will take him.

Nobody has made that comparison (Naughton) apart from Jefferson in his own highlights video on AFL website lol
Hadn’t seen that - interesting!

I'm happy to admit I've seen **** all of the draft crop this year but I think in general if you take a KPF high you are taking them because they are a standout. Teams who pick forwards early just because they need them don't usually get value back on that pick. If JT doesn't see any gun KPFs worth taking at the picks we have I'm fine with them not taking one, the club isn't stupid they'd know we need one but we may have to look at trade/FA than the draft if the 2022 draft doesn't have what we want.

Shouldn’t be ‘banking’ on any kid being good. That’s why I’d much prefer to have 3 first round picks over the next 2 years than trade them all for one kid in the top 5.
I do sort of agree with that. I'm reluctant to trade next years first/s unless Jason T is extremely confident on picking a guy that can become a multiple AA.

1669533836893.png

I trust JT, but gee, you'd want to be pretty certain about the prospects of whoever goes at pick 4 (5) if this were to go ahead.

Whoever they are after if this happens will must be gonna be a star. But got to be asking for a second round back shorly 🤔

View attachment 1562150

I trust JT, but gee, you'd want to be pretty certain about the prospects of whoever goes at pick 4 (5) if this were to go ahead.
Hmmmm wondering if part of why we are trying to ship out future firsts is because we know someone is leaving (e.g Kozzie) and will be getting some back next year.

Hope not and hope we don't trade the picks.

Hmmmm wondering if part of why we are trying to ship out future firsts is because we know someone is leaving (e.g Kozzie) and will be getting some back next year.

Hope not and hope we don't trade the picks.
Your all so negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back