Banter TRTT Part 13: 2021 Goodbye (To 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I get the appeal of the physical medium but I was just talking in terms of sound quality.
CDs in the car or Bluetooth, yeah negligible difference.
If you're going to the effort of playing a record though you at least want it to sound superior. All you're gaining though plugging it into that little speaker is some added crackles and pops and lower volume.

As Jimmy said, buy a cheap amp a couple of speakers and you'll be loving it.
That speaker isn't the 'endgame' so to speak it was an impulse buy based on word of mouth of good value. For now it will serve the records but there will be some proper left and right channel speakers for a more dedicated place in the house or shed one day.

It isn't that much effort to play a record, unpack it, put on the turntable, turn it on. Beats trawling through a phone, using shitty touchscreens, turning it on, setting up a connection.

tldr I'm still old.

Last edited:
That speaker isn't the 'endgame' so to speak it was an impulse buy based on word of mouth of good value. For now it will serve the records but there will be some proper left and right channel speakers for a more dedicated place in the house or shed one day.

It isn't that much effort to play a record, unpack it, put on the turntable, turn it on. Beats trawling through a phone, using shitty touchscreens, turning it on, setting up a connection.

tldr I'm still old.
For what it's worth I've been very happy with these:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Edifier-S...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584070147338101&psc=1

For the price point they're very good. On sale can sometimes get them under $400. You can spend thousands but these do me just fine.

Just go get yourself a DAC only sets you back $14k

preamps that cost 10k

Headphones that cost 6k

Speakers that cost 50k

surely there's a line well below that to chase.
You could buy a new Rotel or Marantz amp, decent turntable & wharfedales for under 2 & a half grand that's as audiophile as most would ever get.

*You could do it cheaper & get a better system if you hunted vintage gear with owners unaware of the true value.

You are describing high end audiophile nutjobs with disposable incomes.

You could buy a new Rotel or Marantz amp, decent turntable & wharfedales for under 2 & a half grand that's as audiophile as most would ever get.

*You could do it cheaper & get a better system if you hunted vintage gear with owners unaware of the true value.

You are describing high end audiophile nutjobs with disposable incomes.
that just sounds more like being a audio-enjoyer than a phile

that just sounds more like being a audio-enjoyer than a phile
There's degrees of it like anything else but price can be folly & vintage equipment that was relatively cheap in the bow & arrow days people can pay loads for now.

Quality of sound is also not measured in watts or big dick speakers it's all about balance, if you can't get great sound for 2 to 3 grand you just have shit ears.

There's degrees of it like anything else but price can be folly & vintage equipment that was relatively cheap in the bow & arrow days people can pay loads for now.

Quality of sound is also not measured in watts or big dick speakers it's all about balance, if you can't get great sound for 2 to 3 grand you just have s**t ears.
Or you've gone too far down the jitter dac rabbit hole.

Looks like Davey Warner is staying in the side for the next tour unless he calls it himself.

Bittersweet moment for sobrave as Warner brings up his 200, and already suffering heatstroke and cramp, uses up the last stores of his energy jumping in celebration, which caused him to seize up and retire hurt

Bittersweet moment for sobrave as Warner brings up his 200, and already suffering heatstroke and cramp, uses up the last stores of his energy jumping in celebration, which caused him to seize up and retire hurt
Lol it was a bit silly

Or you've gone too far down the jitter dac rabbit hole.
I mean if money was no object I'd have the most ridiculous set up in the lounge, but I can guarantee I'd end up in the grudge with a vintage tube driven amp with moderate level speakers knocking back beers & thinking I really don't use the audiophile's wet dream much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The jump thing eh that shit was tired a decade ago, campaigner might've made 300 if he pissed it off.

Take a drive up Mt Wellington - at least 10 degs cooler up there isn't it?

Mt wellyboot is a 4.5 hr drive for me. Would be easier to head up NW coast. Burnie sitting at 20 degrees, usually mild af there.

We've got the hot air chugging it's way down the west coast and South east SA. 40 at Mt Gambier is pretty unusual.

Bushfire started in one of the nearby towns and already taken out a motel today..

Hotel accommodation destroyed after bushfire threatens Tasmanian town

3 weeks ago I was outside getting snowed on and freezing my nuts off..

Think he was already going to retire hurt before the jump.
Astounded he made it that far.
We may be in trouble with Starc not going to bowl and maybe Green as well.
Chance for Labauschane to grab some scalps :cool:

Mt wellyboot is a 4.5 hr drive for me. Would be easier to head up NW coast. Burnie sitting at 20 degrees, usually mild af there.

We've got the hot air chugging it's way down the west coast and South east SA. 40 at Mt Gambier is pretty unusual.

Bushfire started in one of the nearby towns and already taken out a motel today..

Hotel accommodation destroyed after bushfire threatens Tasmanian town

3 weeks ago I was outside getting snowed on and freezing my nuts off..
Cheers- just assumed you were in Hobart.

We got the story of the bushfire on our news service.

3 years ago I was in Denver for this (but despite todays heat wouldn't want to be anywhere near the US this week!):
Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 6.42.35 pm.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back