2023 Hawthorn List Management Discussion (including Trade, FA period)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has some value as a free agent. I certainly wouldn’t want to be giving up picks for him.

Has played some absolute ripper games. But not really been consistently playing at at a high enough level to through big $$$ or picks at him.
As someone that never really watches saints games, how does he compare to Dylan Moore?

Thank me for saving you some time when neither are at Hawthorn next season.
I don't give a shit if neither are here, I just think that if you hate reading free agent hypotheticals so much you should probably avoid the free agent thread

Some great players out of contract.

Hopefully we wouldn't trade this year's picks this early in the rebuild. Perhaps some futures.
Think Sammy’s goal over the 2023 draft will be getting in a top pick, McCabe, and one or two other players.

He and MM have been open about hitting the draft hard for 3 years - being 2021, 2022, and 2023.

That would mean (theoretically) that they are more open to trading future picks for certain pieces that they see as being required.

Will be a fascinating watch.

I'll make a contribution to this thread, Gresham and Noah Anderson will not be at Hawthorn in 2024, so no point wasting pages discussing it.

I'm happy to see as many references of Noah Anderson coming to Hawthorn in 2024 as possible.

Every time I read it, it brightens my day.

Heard that the AFL are looking at changing free agency rules so Noah will be a free agent at the end of the year too.

Hungry Hanna Barbera GIF by Warner Archive

Have no qualms with people wanting to believe Anderson could come our way - it’s a nice mental image. But a year of ‘being him home!’ comments when he’s a Tiggers supporter will be painful.

Wouldn’t be disappointed if all we end up with is Himmelberg - I think he’d be a handy second option up forward, he’s at least an upgrade on Kosi at present output.

Have no qualms with people wanting to believe Anderson could come our way - it’s a nice mental image. But a year of ‘being him home!’ comments when he’s a Tiggers supporter will be painful.

Wouldn’t be disappointed if all we end up with is Himmelberg - I think he’d be a handy second option up forward, he’s at least an upgrade on Kosi at present output.
Earth could be hit by a giant meteor in October so we may never find out that he doesn’t come

IMG_9919.JPG
According to footywire, we have 26 guys out of contract. Zero hangar has the same list.

Was surprised the likes of Stephens, whom we just got in, is on the list.

Given we need to draft 2+ guys at the end of the year, who is vulnerable?

View attachment 1590854
According to footywire, we have 26 guys out of contract. Zero hangar has the same list.

Was surprised the likes of Stephens, whom we just got in, is on the list.

Given we need to draft 2+ guys at the end of the year, who is vulnerable?
Would imagine Seamus Mitchell and Jeka are the two that need to have a big year. Imagine Ohara will at least get 1 more year. I still have hope for Jeka. Ina

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Got 43 out of 44 max
Zero Hangar previously had the following as training with the AFL squad (several already BHH at a minimum)

Cal Brown
Patrick Naish
Cal Porter
Brandon Leary
Liam Coghlan

I don’t think Naish (though obviously AFL experienced) can add more than what a few of our players already have, but if Callum Brown ended up our 44th listed player I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Mature, level headed and can find it easily at VFL level. Was a regular in 2019-21, but then dropped out of favour with McRae and just never quite found his groove again in 2022.

As someone that never really watches saints games, how does he compare to Dylan Moore?
Gresham top games are better than Moores for mine. Where he falls down is consistency, he just has a number of poor games where Moore is always contributing to the team.

Another thing going for Moore his he is on the way up. Gresham seems to have stalled in his development.

I know we're all looking at players out of contract, but keep in mind that all it takes is a decent offer and a contracted players nomination for a move to be realistic.

I firmly believe he'll stay at the Gold Coast. But I won't begrudge those with an emotional attachment due to the father/son situation.

Being a Richmond supporter growing up will mean nothing to Noah if he does seek a move. They won't be in the position to offer the Sun's anything worthwhile anyway.

Could also dominate behind the ball as a swingman. Would certainly be a good foil for Lewis and also Sicily. I rekon we make that move to gain his services if we see guys like Jeka or DGB plateau in their development and don't see it getting better for the foreseeable future. Can play key back which he showed at GWS last year.

Gresham top games are better than Moores for mine. Where he falls down is consistency, he just has a number of poor games where Moore is always contributing to the team.

Another thing going for Moore his he is on the way up. Gresham seems to have stalled in his development.
He can't string games together is the issue. That's the flight risk with Gresham his body. His best footy is elite. Speed skill etc. The only thing stopping us right now from going all in is we need to see him play most of the season at least without an injury to justify chasing him. mark my words though there's plenty going on in the background with this.

Could also dominate behind the ball as a swingman. Would certainly be a good foil for Lewis and also Sicily. I rekon we make that move to gain his services if we see guys like Jeka or DGB plateau in their development and don't see it getting better for the foreseeable future. Can play key back which he showed at GWS last year.
Don't mind HH but he is too old, drops too many marks and has never been a heavy goal scorer. We can do better.

Don't mind HH but he is too old, drops too many marks and has never been a heavy goal scorer. We can do better.

The free agency class this season isn’t overly compelling. If we can get HH without breaking the bank I’d be content. He’s only 28 next season and we hardly have issues with our list age profile. Hasn’t had much in the way of injuries over his career also. If Lewis is going to the next level and Kosi hasn’t improved then Harry would be a handy addition.

I firmly believe he'll stay at the Gold Coast. But I won't begrudge those with an emotional attachment due to the father/son situation.

Being a Richmond supporter growing up will mean nothing to Noah if he does seek a move. They won't be in the position to offer the Sun's anything worthwhile anyway.

Oh I don’t mean he’ll go to Richmond - just the ‘bring him home’ comments are silly when he has zero connection to our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back