Autopsy Review - Dogs win back to back games to once again become flag favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not expecting weeks. It was clumsy and after all of Lynch's dirty acts he doesn't really deserve the benefit of doubt but I do think it was unintentional-ish

McKay got offered a week for his hit on Sheezel that I thought was soft as. Yes got him high but he's clearly pulling up and trying to stop. Lynch deserves to go because of all the times he hasn't

We really struggled tonight to kick the very gettable goals. If we could flip the ledger on kicking a higher percentage of them, would allow us too put games to bed.

Th eternal Bulldogs Struggle!!
The Bont has to step up and lead by example. I don't have faith on him kicking for goals and this must be addressed.

Did not see the game but was constantly checking scores and felt that there was no chance of us winning at H/T. That is a gutsy win at the ‘G’.

Beaten badly in r1 & 2 by the in form teams and it seems obvious that our main issues are halting the opposition momentum / slowing the game down and goalkicking efficiency. We don’t seem to be playing our best but showing some grit and spirit, so plenty of upside if we can fix our ‘issues’.

Some on here suggesting we were lucky to win last night, but apart from the second quarter, we seemed to dominate clearances, time in forward half and plenty more scoring shots.

If Richmond won they would have stolen the win imho. We outplayed them for three and a bit quarters.

My god we look slow during that bit they dominated though.

Also the backline players need to calm down and use rushed behinds etc better. Our punches that drop two steps in front of the pack are driving me insane.

The Bont has to step up and lead by example. I don't have faith on him kicking for goals and this must be addressed.
Bont doesnt even look like kicking those set shots, completely bereft of confidence.

its amazing to think he was a dead eye in his first few seasons.

again, where is our sports psych?

Shout out also to Caleb Daniel

Copped a fair bit in the first two weeks (not unreasonably) but thought he was fantastic yesterday.

Hannan and McComb are interesting players. I, like most on here do not see the attraction, but it’s as simple as the coach trusts them ahead of other fringe types.

West, McLean, Garcia are the others fighting for these spots and have not taken their chances. I don’t see Hannan and McComb contributing much more than the others, but perhaps they play their role, cover ground and are more selfless and importantly, we are competitive and winning.

Ed was BOG imo.

Bont was enormous and was even more impressive when you look at his stat sheet, I don't have a compelling argument for why Ed was better, but just felt he was.

I think your looking at our future star on baller in Richards, has all the traits. I’d start the transition this year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hannan is maligned and I agree shouldn’t be in best 22, which he won’t be when Weightman and VDM and Garcia, even Roark are fit. But he is better than McComb. What has happened to McNeill he is better than McComb, is he injured?

Disagree entirely there, Lobb rucked 3 CBs in their run of 7 (first being after they kicked their first of 7) the first CBA he won cleanly and we won the clearance, the 2nd was a 50/50 they scraped the clearance from which ended up in a crap goal with Bruce and Crozier making a shambles in defence and the 3rd was a clear win to Ryan they took it forward but for no result as we cleared it.

The first half of the run was all off half back and the last 3 goals that actually came from centre clearances were all off Timmy rucking. To be honest Bont has a lot to answer for in that run of goals because if he kicks his routine set shot it’s probably 3 maybe 4 goals to 1 in the run and we settle it down, instead it’s 7-0.

It’s a massive stretch to write any of that run off on Lobb
Thank you for bringing reality to the discussion. There are many posters on here who just want pot shot various players ….. Lobb included. It doesn’t suit the mantra to highlight that 3 goals came from Timmy.

Bont doesnt even look like kicking those set shots, completely bereft of confidence.

its amazing to think he was a dead eye in his first few seasons.

again, where is our sports psych?
He was so good in the 2021 Grand Final when everything rode on those three incredible captains goals he kicked when it truly mattered most.

He was so good in the 2021 Grand Final when everything rode on those three incredible captains goals he kicked when it truly mattered most.
His set shot kicking efficiency is well below someone of his general kicking ability, has been for a number of years,

made one or two set shots from memory in the granny, and a good one against the eagles, and so on, but my point stands

Aside from missing a goal in the goal square. I thought Hannan was pretty good. Created a contest, tackled and got some footy after coming on as a sub.

Had he got a free for legged he kicks 2. Much improved on round 1. I think he should hold his spot.
What about ignoring a wide open lobb in the goal square so he could spray a set shot?

Aside from missing a goal in the goal square. I thought Hannan was pretty good. Created a contest, tackled and got some footy after coming on as a sub.

Had he got a free for legged he kicks 2. Much improved on round 1. I think he should hold his spot.
No no no no no !!!!
Never ever to wear the red white and blue again. He doesn’t have the game sense to play top level football

Felt Crozier was stiff in the 2nd quarter commentators had a crack at him for going to ground. In the replay can clearly
see Prestia push him in the back which should have been a clear free kick.

Took him out of the contest left two Tigers standing on their own. Harsh call on Crozier not much he could of done differently

Bont and Naughton both miss to the left. Naughton is a poor ball drop and Bont just does not allow for his natural fade left.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Review - Dogs win back to back games to once again become flag favourites

Remove this Banner Ad

Back