News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is the back, bad quality screenshot:

View attachment 1657640
FtepfptaUAAMLhn.jpg

Whilst I'm here I may as well insert myself here and with it now official, as consulted by the club I can comment on these matters. The club certainly has acknowledged me and its been amazing to see all the positive reception for the guernsey, especially from Crows people.
Terrific design, really looking forward to seeing the boys in this on Thursday night. Congratulations, glad the club got in contact.

I haven't bought a guernsey in years but jumped at the chance to buy this one. I think knowing that it a one off and retro inspired got me to take action.

If it was announced as an away guernsey ongoing or something (obviously not because of the colour) I would probably think well I've got all year to get around to it, then the excitement dies down and then I don't get around to it, "oh well maybe next year, see if there are any changes".

So definetely think the club should do this every 2 or 3 years. It would be great to have another chance to get a couple of those away or one offs from the past as well as some new designs, without the club being locked in to using it every second week for 2 years.

I went number 12 because why not get the captains number in his first year as captain.

Speaking of numbers, the last time I went to the effort to get numbers on a jumper (this is a long time ago) I went into the AFL Shop on King William Street at the time. I was very set on getting number 26 for Richard Douglas for whatever reason. I thought it was a little awkward that it was Mark Bickley who was the person who served me and had to put his old number on a guernsey.

Fair enough too. Tremendously s**t take when it's such a cool guernsey and at the very very least, a return of the swooping Crow logo.

And that's not even considering that O'Neills have our club looking the best they have in on field gear since at least the Adidas days, and even Adidas was getting into stupid side panels and bibs. It's shouldn't be rocket surgery, but O'Neills in their first year delivered hoops that go all the way around, correct colours, and numbers without a white outline.

O'Neills are a solid supplier. Some of their GAA stuff in particular has been brilliant (and that includes often outdoing the Australian strips for the IRS), so it's no surprise how well their apparel has been with us.

very true. I got 21 for Atkins on my current guernsey. He flopped the following year.
I've done numbers for years (Some of my really old guernseys dont have them, ie. ~20 years back)

So for christmas 2020, my parents bought me the 2021 kits (home and away) for the following year.

7 for Thilthorpe on the away kit I had zero problem with.

But as he's a North fan, of course he had to go 42 for Newchurch. Im not sure i've worn that to a game yet. Maybe if he debuts Ill bring it out. But come on. Really getting a guernsey with a category B rookie number on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a lot of Victorians wanting a piece of our action.
Who said gather round wasn’t popular?

Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon.

340931231_185043097720841_7670338498971845982_n.jpg

Andy Maher and De Stoopid on SEN both think this Guernsey is 'pox' and a pathetic attempt at a money grab from fans.
🙄

Everything with regards to merchandise is a money grab. That's the whole point of it? To sell to make money?

Andy Maher and De Stoopid on SEN both think this Guernsey is 'pox' and a pathetic attempt at a money grab from fans.
🙄
SEN have been shitlisted by the Crows, they rarely say anything positive about us

Remove this Banner Ad

News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back