List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
I'm suddenly reminded of that Hill handball to Mayne in the goal square who turned and put it straight into the post.
I move we add this game to the list of games you are not allowed to allude too directly.

Currently:

Round 7 - 2008
Round 15 - 2009
Round 22 - 2018

Tom Cruise What GIF

F674038C-5085-4321-958E-D954DE11C487.gif

I think what I was going for there was - Raz and Mitch are mates and that may help if we were going to try recruit him… 🙄

This I agree with, and Sam Reid is a long way off Naughton.

We need to make the most Jackson in some capacity. Either as a forward and/or in the midfield. He has to be our point of difference.

Then all we need to do is spend every top 30 pick we get on forwards/forward-mids until we hit a few and hope Ras and Johnno are close to the players we all hope they will be.

Then I think we're in it up to our eyeballs.
We paid way too much for him to be a starting ruck.

The amount we gave up, we have to be using him as a forward or as a midfielder (ruck-rover type. not ruck type).

It doesn't make sense to spend so much on "just" a ruck when we had Darcy and Meek.

Mind you he is working into it: 5 goals in the last 3 games shows he is starting to warm up. Especially for a young player (he's still young for a tall.) Would like to see him to something similar against decent oppo though.

Oh definitely can kick 30 goals but I think we need him as a point of difference in our midfield and permanent KPF isnt the best use of him and I dont think you win flags not making best use of the guy you pay the world to bring in

It is funny though that you know Banfield is never ever passing those ones off, like Henry the week before
What about trading for Logan MacDonald?
I think he’s only contracted until the end of next year.May be we’ve stuffed those chances by trading for Jackson.

What about trading for Logan MacDonald?
I think he’s only contracted until the end of next year.May be we’ve stuffed those chances by trading for Jackson.
I thought he was signed longer than that but looks like you’re right. Both him and Naughton are out of contract 2024. Given how much we said we liked him draft year I have no doubt we’ve been in constant contact, I think him and Warner are pretty happy there at the moment

I thought he was signed longer than that but looks like you’re right. Both him and Naughton are out of contract 2024. Given how much we said we liked him draft year I have no doubt we’ve been in constant contact, I think him and Warner are pretty happy there at the moment
Anything can happen but multiple posters on here have said they are very comfortable in Sydney.

2 of those drafted committed suicide.

******* sad
Truly tragic. It really puts it into perspective, there's more to life than footy. Sometimes I think too many of us take it a bit TOO seriously. For these guys, life was very short and probably not all that happy. Littered with issues and problems. I hope they're at peace now, wherever 'next' is, if there is another place beyond here even at all.....

Biggest issue in the first half is no one laying a finger on Lukosious
He was running foward of the play, completely unaccountable himself. Sure we could put a hard tag on him (setting aside what this does to our own transition), but the best cure was not getting beaten at the contest.

Last edited:
He was running foward of the play, completely unaccountable himself. Sure we could put a hard tag on him (setting aside what this does to our own transition), but the nest cure was not getting beaten at the contest.

If we didn't turn it over they wouldn't have a spare too, but you can make the argument that a tall forward is surplus to requirements when you're defending inside fifties anyway.

Jack is just such a unique player that he can use his kick to set up play, which I didn't used to rate all that highly as others - I'll put my hand up for that, and his height to create a mismatch up the field.

Almost like a top five pick.

If we didn't turn it over they wouldn't have a spare too, but you can make the argument that a tall forward is surplus to requirements when you're defending inside fifties anyway.

Jack is just such a unique player that he can use his kick to set up play, which I didn't used to rate all that highly as others - I'll put my hand up for that, and his height to create a mismatch up the field.

Almost like a top five pick.
I'm sure GC really appreciate his uniqueness as they start a top 2 pick kpf of the wing in order to free him up..

I'm sure GC really appreciate his uniqueness as they start a top 2 pick kpf of the wing in order to free him up..

We start our biggest clearance midfielder in the forward line.

It looks like GWS play Wade Derksen on the wing a bit too. If they can run, kick and catch without being too slow they'll eventually surpass the 5'10 wingers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we get Lukosius out of the Suns in a trade I wonder?
Is it a given that the goes back to SA?

Where is Mitch Edwards projecting your land in the draft at this stage?

According to Oz from purple reign pod, Jeremy sharps family were very upset that he didn’t get to freo last year and he is very likely to end up at the eagles if he comes back in 2023.
Sounded like Oz had some ITK info from what he was saying. Interesting, we must have promised to get it done then baulked at GC asking price

According to Oz from purple reign pod, Jeremy sharps family were very upset that he didn’t get to freo last year and he is very likely to end up at the eagles if he comes back in 2023.
Sounded like Oz had some ITK info from what he was saying. Interesting, we must have promised to get it done then baulked at GC asking price
And so we should have , Don't see him playing for the Suns this year either , So if he is upset with anyone it should be them.

I said this exact thing with the same amount of authority based on who he follows on Instagram.

But yeah not being able to get a game for the suns is not a good look. Would’ve liked him but anything more than a future 3rd was crazy. Glad we didn’t budge.

The ****ing nerve on the Suns to supposedly ask for a future 2nd (especially one tied to North) and then play him in the VFL.

I’d still like him next year if nothing other than he’d be basically free and our wings are an issue but no one is going to lose sleep if he ends up at the Toast

I said this exact thing with the same amount of authority based on who he follows on Instagram.

But yeah not being able to get a game for the suns is not a good look. Would’ve liked him but anything more than a future 3rd was crazy. Glad we didn’t budge.
He’ll end up at freo I would have thought still.

He’s not playing at Suns because they no he wants out

He’ll end up at freo I would have thought still.

He’s not playing at Suns because they no he wants out
His stats look okay, gets about 20+ a game in the vfl and hits the scoreboard often. Would be worried about his development though.

The ******* nerve on the Suns to supposedly ask for a future 2nd (especially one tied to North) and then play him in the VFL.

I’d still like him next year if nothing other than he’d be basically free and our wings are an issue but no one is going to lose sleep if he ends up at the Toast
yet doesn't even rank in the top 5 of Suns list management disasterclasses (probably). genuinely incredible how those guys still have gigs. to think we got our pre Walls list manager from them...

We need quality midfielders desperately. Serong, Brayshaw and Aish are solid but the support cast don’t cut it. This is why we started this year so poorly.

JOM - 18.6ppg
Brodie - 17.7ppg (poor start to ‘23)
Henry - 15.8ppg (dropped)
Hughes - 14.6ppg

Compare that to last year when we weren’t even a great midfield but a lot better than our current crop.

Brodie - 26.8ppg
Mundy - 22.4ppg
Acres - 21.7ppg
NOD - 14.34ppg (16ppg excluding debut)

Need 2-3 more at least average mids. Trading Acres and picking up JOM was a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back