Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's an interesting surprise, well for me atleast.

Went out this morning to do a spot of gardening. My house has a second smaller verandah at the front, the side of the house you don't really venture towards everyday,

So this morning I'm walking around there and I see a blanket set up and some food. I'm like WTF? A homeless person clearly had been camping there. This is right outside my daughters bedroom window!

Havent said anything to the family as I don't want to freak them out, but thinking about, I'm not really sure what to do? I can't see ringing the cops will do anything. Sit around all night and wait for them to comeback? A bit of a conundrum.

Saw a giant ad for this on a bus stop on my morning stroll. Maybe it's because I live in a progressive inner city suburb...

View attachment 1726040
I was in Sydney, I think it may have been either side of the Pride parade or whatever. My lord the ads around the place were a bit much. It was one step removed from straight up gay pr0n. They have a different rule book the LGBT's :tearsofjoy:

Went out this morning to do a spot of gardening. My house has a second smaller verandah at the front, the side of the house you don't really venture towards everyday,

So this morning I'm walking around there and I see a blanket set up and some food. I'm like WTF? A homeless person clearly had been camping there. This is right outside my daughters bedroom window!

Havent said anything to the family as I don't want to freak them out, but thinking about, I'm not really sure what to do? I can't see ringing the cops will do anything. Sit around all night and wait for them to comeback? A bit of a conundrum.
Ring the cops, hope the family never finds out. What's to gain by telling them. They would feel unsafe for weeks.

If you were really adventurous, put his stuff out with a nicely worded note saying alright mate not here please.

Ring the cops, hope the family never finds out. What's to gain by telling them. They would feel unsafe for weeks.

If you were really adventurous, put his stuff out with a nicely worded note saying alright mate not here please.
Yeah I'm thinking of folding up the blanket nicely and placing it at the front with a note. Might ring the cops. Do the answer if you call the station? They are generally A grade ****heads though.

Not going to tell the fam.

Could try calling Homeless Connect on 1800 003 308. Or leave the number for the person along with a note asking them to please not camp out on your property (obviously it depends on them having access to a phone). I wouldn’t speak to them directly though, in case they’re confrontational.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Start talking to him a about what your thoughts are on Travis Boak he will fück off quick smart.

Get your local Jim's to go through that side with their barrage of whipper snippers/hedge trimmers/leaf blowers/lawn mowers

1688175929795.png

Yeah I'm thinking of folding up the blanket nicely and placing it at the front with a note. Might ring the cops. Do the answer if you call the station? They are generally A grade *heads though.

Not going to tell the fam.

Get a dog.

If it's Michelangelo Rucci let him stay if he promises to write a 10-part exposé on why Hinkley should be sacked.

I see this in PapaG's future:

20220108_BKP506.jpg

I had similar with someone sleeping under the garage verandah.

Took him for lunch and a chat, asked him if he could go elsewhere because of the kids, he was as good as gold.

He just picks places that look comfy and away from crowds, said he’d find somewhere else. He preferred the street to shelters as he was avoiding the drug temptations there.

I had similar with someone sleeping under the garage verandah.

Took him for lunch and a chat, asked him if he could go elsewhere because of the kids, he was as good as gold.

He just picks places that look comfy and away from crowds, said he’d find somewhere else. He preferred the street to shelters as he was avoiding the drug temptations there.

Sounds like you handled a tough situation pretty well. I obviously have empathy for them, especially with all the rain that we’ve been having, but at the same time I wouldn’t feel comfortable having a random sleeping under my kids bedroom window.

I don’t know what the solution is and the problem is only going to get worse. Maybe every suburb needs a few pods scattered about to get people out of the weather. Something like those tiny houses, just a basic space with a bed and bathroom. Miniature housing trust homes I guess.

Sounds like you handled a tough situation pretty well. I obviously have empathy for them, especially with all the rain that we’ve been having, but at the same time I wouldn’t feel comfortable having a random sleeping under my kids bedroom window.

I don’t know what the solution is and the problem is only going to get worse. Maybe every suburb needs a few pods scattered about to get people out of the weather. Something like those tiny houses, just a basic space with a bed and bathroom. Miniature housing trust homes I guess.
Or normal sized housing trust houses!

Build more social housing is the answer to a number of issues we have, but then investors won’t make their millions.

I felt a bit of a twat tbh. But I honestly didn’t want homelessness on my literal doorstep. Felt a bit hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back