List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy from champion data was on the radio yesterday, issued a "buyer beware" for both gresham and Mckay.
Had a heap of stats questioning McKay's defensive abilities apart from the intercept marking.

This is where data can look different to the eye test. I thought he was one of their best on the weekend and had all his best traits on display. Injury has robbed him of fitness and consistency but he's very good.

This is where data can look different to the eye test. I thought he was one of their best on the weekend and had all his best traits on display. Injury has robbed him of fitness and consistency but he's very good.
I liked him a lot in his draft year, he played some chf and was strong in the air and equally willing to scarp for a ball on the ground. I guess you’d have to know about his injury history, how his body is feeling etc but I don’t see him as just a key defender. Obviously that’s why we’d want him but his potential versatility is a plus from me.

Strange that the second rounder was not mentioned in the media or by Rawlings

If it were true we asked for a second round pick on top of pick 3 I’m sure we would have been laughed out of the room.

Either way, Rawlings made it pretty clear that pick 3 wasn’t going to be used on Clark so it was us that initiated those talks, not North

North were only ever offering later picks for Clark
Considering I was the one who told the board he was on the table and you had a fit with me - I also mentioned it will cost a first rounder to move him on.

We asked for a second rounder back on the final day. We rated Clark as a mid first round pick. He was never just going to be given away

Stats are not taken from one game but mate, they are season or career based. He did play well against us - but he was matched up against a 19yo in his first year of footy. Plus for the majority of the game we played 1 short forward so they had an extra down back regularly.

Apparently he’s been officially recognised as indigenous, something along those lines.

Sam Edmund on SEN this morning said this is very likely to go ahead and Ben McKay on his way out
Nerf managed to find 0:1% genetic make up not considered Australian in his DNA I’m assuming? 🙄

Last edited:
I liked him a lot in his draft year, he played some chf and was strong in the air and equally willing to scarp for a ball on the ground. I guess you’d have to know about his injury history, how his body is feeling etc but I don’t see him as just a key defender. Obviously that’s why we’d want him but his potential versatility is a plus from me.

North tried him as a KPF and he was pretty shit.

Stats are not taken from one game but mate, they are season or career based. He did play well against us - but he was matched up against a 19yo in his first year of footy. Plus for the majority of the game we played 1 short forward so they had an extra down back regularly.

I get that and he's been poor and injury riddled but his best footy is miles in front of Howard. Howard is a GOP, Mckay despite stats is a very good defender. He's the type to hold the backline together in an ordinary side. I wouldn't be overly keen on spending up big on a KPB. The backline we have was much tighter when we had our midfield working better.

Haha yeah but so are they, he’s man mountain can take a grab and has a big leg on him. Anyway I doubt he’s on our list he’ll have plenty of offers.

I think I heard Essendon were most likely now. Makes sense.

You'd think Henry would follow his brothers to Geelong wouldn't you ?
Not Funny Laughing GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really trust the people running the club TBH, whilst we have some new line coaches in, the guy who was the head of football throughout some terrible list management decisions has been promoted to CEO.

Acres is going better than Hill in nearly every measure after we threw him in with 4 picks. Everyone said he was a dud and good riddance too.
I didn't

Where are you getting this info?

It was reported in the media that after we turned down their original offer we went back to North in the final hours to offer Clark and pick 9 for pick 3.

It was never North that offered the deal and they were on the record to say they turned it down.

St Kilda’s Hunter Clark was another held to his contract, with the Saints confident the 23-year-old was part of their long-term plans.

Clark’s preference was to move to North Melbourne, but Paul Connors told Sportsday that “St Kilda is making a new pledge to invest in their youth. They’ve pivoted and decided to keep their man.”

Still, it wasn’t without a late twist in the tale, with the Saints suggesting Clark and pick No.9 could go to the Roos in exchange for pick No.3.

Such a price was too high to pay, according to North Melbourne list boss Brady Rawlings.

“It wasn’t something we’d consider in this deal to slide back to pick nine, as much as we wanted Hunter, it wasn’t quite the deal we’d be prepared to do,” he told Fox Footy’s Trading Day.

“We had lots of currency on the table for him given we do rate him really highly, but the picks at the pointy end weren’t going to be involved in it.”
Yeah might have got it a bit a*** about but its clear our offer was always more than just Clark and Pick 9 for Pick 3.

"My understanding is that the Saints are interested in packing pick No. 9 and Hunter Clark to get up to pick No. 3.

“There might have been some other picks in that, but the Roos aren’t going to do that, that’s where that one sits on that front."

Considering I was the one who told the board he was on the table and you had a fit with me - I also mentioned it will cost a first rounder to move him on.

We asked for a second rounder back on the final day. We rated Clark as a mid first round pick. He was never just going to be given away
Not sure I had a fit? What I did say from the start was that we were never getting close to a top 10 pick for him and I was spot on?

We'd have been laughed out of the room asking for that.

As Rawlings said himself, they were never considering trading down from 3 for Clark. Looking for a second round pick on top would have been just silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back