Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats exploding though? The only way ken will be removed is if we dwindle to crap and miss the 8. Finals is always a pass mark for this dickhead regardless of what happens afterwards
100 percent agree. I was thinking the same thing myself last night. It seems that mediocrity is fine with this lot. The only way big change will happen is if we finished near the bottom but with the midfield we have that won’t happen.

Maybe we don't get the external pats on the back the Crows do for 'brave' losses but I reckon we've got them well and truly covered for internal back slapping and self congratulations post losing to anyone decent by anything that isn't heaps.

Maybe we don't get the external pats on the back the Crows do for 'brave' losses but I reckon we've got them well and truly covered for internal back slapping and self congratulations post losing to anyone decent by anything that isn't heaps.
Exactly why we need to get rid of the perpetual loser (Hinkley) and bring in some real competitors who hate losing and build a culture of hating to lose.

Can we just laugh at them without being reminded of our own situation please?

Crows are definitely going to be there or thereabouts next year. If they finish around 10th they'll get a soft draw and decent picks, and some of the young players are starting to show some promise. Their weakness is midfield and a reliance on Ted and Sloane.

Crows are definitely going to be there or thereabouts next year. If they finish around 10th they'll get a soft draw and decent picks, and some of the young players are starting to show some promise. Their weakness is midfield and a reliance on Ted and Sloane.
If they finish tenth and get a soft draw, how come we didn’t this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 win of 3 gets us top 4. We won't beat Freo, so that leaves GWS and Richmond farewelling Cotchin and maybe Riewoldt. 7 losses in a row seems insane, but it is possible and dropping from the top 4 insanely also possible.

Carlton aren't locked into the 8 yet either, so they will need to go out and win 1 more. They win next week, and if we lost this week and next, then holy s**t, suddenly it'd come down to the last round.

Hopefully we just lock it away tomorrow and then we can cruise through the next 2. Clearly we're now in survive till finals mode and top 2 dreams are on the backburner, so just the ability to lock in a top 4 spot and then just try and avoid injury to build up for a crack in September feels like the way to play it.

Top 2 should very much be in frame of mind. It's the shortest way to the GF.

Oh no, a free paid against Jackson Macrae for too high where his opponent ducked. My heart weeps for him.

Where’s the improvement coming from ?

IMG_3773.jpeg

Look at the age of their key players..

Who are the midfielders coming through? Soligo? Schoenberg ?

There’s no high end mids presenting besides 26th old dawson.

they’re playing as well as they are on the back of senior players and the next gen doesn’t look ready to take over or don’t exist.

They win enough games by beating the considerable amount of outright shit teams with shit coaches getting around and their 1 or 2 showdown wins over Hinkley to satisfy their fans but not enough to threaten to do anything

Where’s the improvement coming from ?

View attachment 1772824

Look at the age of their key players..

Who are the midfielders coming through? Soligo? Schoenberg ?

There’s no high end mids presenting besides 26th old dawson.

they’re playing as well as they are on the back of senior players and the next gen doesn’t look ready to take over or don’t exist.

They win enough games by beating the considerable amount of outright s**t teams with s**t coaches getting around and their 1 or 2 showdown wins over Hinkley to satisfy their fans but not enough to threaten to do anything
You make very valid points. So how do we avoid being thrashed by them - twice - when we have so much more upside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back