Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty easy to separate yourself from that at this 11th year. My view is what is good for the supporters, is the club exploding so we can move on at long last and rebuild the connections and identity that have been completely severed under Koch, Hinkley, Davies and Richardson. Not interested in short term meaningless meandering.
Whats exploding though? The only way ken will be removed is if we dwindle to crap and miss the 8. Finals is always a pass mark for this dickhead regardless of what happens afterwards

Have you been in a coma the last month?
We've lost to the best team in the league, the form team in the league, the Crows in Adelaide who are basically a top 4 side (while being a bottom 4 side away), and the Port Magpies lost at the Cattery. GWS are a bit of a threat but nothing about that for line suggests we're about to lose to Freo or Richmond, and we'd have to lose to both to fall out of the top 4. And if we lose to both those crap teams, I don't give a shit whether we finish in the top 4 or not because we won't win a final anyway.

We've lost to the best team in the league, the form team in the league, the Crows in Adelaide who are basically a top 4 side (while being a bottom 4 side away), and the Port Magpies lost at the Cattery. GWS are a bit of a threat but nothing about that for line suggests we're about to lose to Freo or Richmond, and we'd have to lose to both to fall out of the top 4. And if we lose to both those crap teams, I don't give a s**t whether we finish in the top 4 or not because we won't win a final anyway.
TeeKray had us losing every game up to the bye at the start of the season, the reality is we bring the pressure of the Collingwood game we'll start winning again.

We've lost to the best team in the league, the form team in the league, the Crows in Adelaide who are basically a top 4 side (while being a bottom 4 side away), and the Port Magpies lost at the Cattery. GWS are a bit of a threat but nothing about that for line suggests we're about to lose to Freo or Richmond, and we'd have to lose to both to fall out of the top 4. And if we lose to both those crap teams, I don't give a s**t whether we finish in the top 4 or not because we won't win a final anyway.

We lost is a generous description of what happened against Carlton and Adelaide. Spin it however you like but we've lost 4 in a row and the notoriously fragile confidence of this group has taken a hit. And now we've lost our full back and full forward. All 3 games are going to be tough.

We lost is a generous description of what happened against Carlton and Adelaide. Spin it however you like but we've lost 4 in a row and the notoriously fragile confidence of this group has taken a hit. And now we've lost our full back and full forward. All 3 games are going to be tough.
Even so, if a result makes a top four spot less safe but a top two spot more likely, I'll take it. Anything else is Hinkley-esque acceptance of mediocrity.

Was a good guess imho. Pretty sure I saw the 4th finger flex back on Marchbanks left hand in one of those stills.

Dumb defending by Carlton backs though.
I totally disagree. If there is no evidence of a touch, then it should default to a goal. Not the other way around. Soft call of touched was a cop out by the goal umpire.

I totally disagree. If there is no evidence of a touch, then it should default to a goal. Not the other way around. Soft call of touched was a cop out by the goal umpire.

The goal line technology should be clear enough that they don't have to revert back to the umpire's call at all.
It's laughable that the umpire asks for the review because he's not sure and then the review can't tell either so they pass the buck back to the guy that didn't know to begin with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can disagree.

But you either have goal umpires or you don't. And if you have them you train them and back them in to make the right call on the goal line. That's what they're there for.

With SD potato cameras to check for howlers - nothing more or less.

The goal umpire was a lot closer to the ball than the potato cam. And a heck of a lot closer than your or I relying on potato cam vision via a TV feed. He called it as he saw it. He called 'touched' - that is all the 'evidence' needed.

Potato cam did not over-rule.

Until we get better goal line tech that's the way it has to be.

End of discussion.

In a sport that generates millions you would think they could come up with something better than the shyt we have.
I’ve seen better quality at uncle Teds slide night.
Kodachrome is far superior to the AFL's potato cam.

1 win of 3 gets us top 4. We won't beat Freo, so that leaves GWS and Richmond farewelling Cotchin and maybe Riewoldt. 7 losses in a row seems insane, but it is possible and dropping from the top 4 insanely also possible.

Carlton aren't locked into the 8 yet either, so they will need to go out and win 1 more. They win next week, and if we lost this week and next, then holy s**t, suddenly it'd come down to the last round.

Hopefully we just lock it away tomorrow and then we can cruise through the next 2. Clearly we're now in survive till finals mode and top 2 dreams are on the backburner, so just the ability to lock in a top 4 spot and then just try and avoid injury to build up for a crack in September feels like the way to play it.
Getting a home QF would be a pretty big deal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back