List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
I'm tied in knots!
Go Away GIF

Our pick 19 will be around 26.

It that too risky to use on the prevuously ranked #2 talent who has been struggling with a hip problem all season?

We pick Reid and Moir they were ranked 1 and 2 a year ago.
Most of the reason that pick will drift out is academy players, so won't really impact players left. A few compo picks before ours will obviously.

At that pick should be less risky pick options that will have good afl careers.

As mentioned for Moir it's applying himself why there is a question mark on him. Has he got what it takes to get the best out of himself and be a good afl player or is he another Winder.

The Eagles signed former basketballer Patrick Bines in 2018 after previously recruiting baseballer Corey Adamson. They also spent time in talks with Olympic basketballer Mark Worthington.
David Tennant No GIF by Doctor Who

Most of the reason that pick will drift out is academy players, so won't really impact players left. A few compo picks before ours will obviously.

At that pick should be less risky pick options that will have good afl careers.

As mentioned for Moir it's applying himself why there is a question mark on him. Has he got what it takes to get the best out of himself and be a good afl player or is he another Winder.

We will be selecting the 26th ranked player in the draft with our 2nd round pick.

Thats the query. Is that too risky to use on Moir?

Not really. Its hit and miss around these picks. So it isnt a huge risk.

If you are going to take a stab at someone like Collard at 19 I'd rather they went Ashton Moir. From all reports if Moir gets it together he's as talented as they come. You could potentially split pick 19 and end up with both.

Reid, Moir & Collard is high risk but high reward.
Just on Moir,

I found out today someone I work with closely is Moir’s uncle by marriage.
He’s going to the draft to watch him be drafted.

I expected that he’d want to stay in SA. Ashton’s family (parents / grandparents) firmly want him to be drafted interstate - the inference being his friend group could drag him down?

Pleasantly surprised by that. One of his granddad’s is an Eagles fan? I could’ve misunderstood that part - he did say the granddad would be “exceptionally happy” if he was drafted in blue and gold.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the information. The workmate is rock solid.

Just on Moir,

I found out today someone I work with closely is Moir’s uncle by marriage.
He’s going to the draft to watch him be drafted.

I expected that he’d want to stay in SA. Ashton’s family (parents / grandparents) firmly want him to be drafted interstate - the inference being his friend group could drag him down?

Pleasantly surprised by that. One of his granddad’s is an Eagles fan? I could’ve misunderstood that part - he did say the granddad would be “exceptionally happy” if he was drafted in blue and gold.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt the information. The workmate is rock solid.
Moir himself is an Eagles fan. His grandparents are from Perth.

We will be selecting the 26th ranked player in the draft with our 2nd round pick.

Thats the query. Is that too risky to use on Moir?

Not really. Its hit and miss around these picks. So it isnt a huge risk.
I don't really like it probably to early to draft Moir on this year`s form ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plucking randoms from shopping centres is an interesting method of talent identification

Inspired if it comes off

Nothing lost if it doesn’t (assuming we determine it’s not worth pursuing before we add him to the list as a cat B)

If we were to sign Eddie Maslic as a Cat B would we need to delist one of Dewar or Baker?

If we were to sign Eddie Maslic as a Cat B would we need to delist one of Dewar or Baker?
Pretty sure as he's been out of the game for 3 years he's a free hit, outside of any list spot? Or at least youd hope so

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Delist or move them to the regular rookie list

Would also make it difficult if we wanted to add Hine-Baston or Livingstone as a cat B

Delist or move them to the regular rookie list

Would also make it difficult if we wanted to add Hine-Baston or Livingstone as a cat B
If possible I'd like to see us retain Baker.

Think there's something to work with there, liked his progression in the WAFL this year. Though list spots are tight at the moment so he may struggle.

Dewar showed improvement as the year went on but I think he might be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back