Banter TRTT Part 14: 2022 Goodbye (To 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gut wrenching stuff in Palestine. Feels like a decades long time bomb has gone off. Decades and decades of imposed inhumane conditions and a lack of proper statehood and self determination of a people who were illegally evicted from their homeland is finally blowing up. Feel like we're going to see unprecedented civilian deaths in Gaza with a hawkish support of scorched earth bombing and also with Hamas and their capture of Israeli military people and civilians. I've been reading a lot of contemporary Middle Eastern history in the last year, mostly books written from the 80s-00s and the extent of day to day misery, violence and oppression in Palestinian territory was already creating boiling point tension then, I can't imagine 20-30 years later where most of the population can't even reminisce on the old villages, just entire generations of refugee camp citizens with nothing but resentment in their hearts. This outcome is a result of a complete failure from an apartheid regime in Israel that the military-industrial complex backed global media continues to project as an even-handed fight. Absolutely no preference for peace from the occupying side, only for an eternal state of war and chaos which benefits those in power. There's no justification for violent death, only explanation for how it has come about and it's impossible to lay the blame at anyone but Israel and the USA.

Posting this here because I don't really have another outlet for my feeling on it. It's a horrific tragedy I think it would be beneficial for anyone in the West to be more observant of it in a literate way.

Gut wrenching stuff in Palestine. Feels like a decades long time bomb has gone off. Decades and decades of imposed inhumane conditions and a lack of proper statehood and self determination of a people who were illegally evicted from their homeland is finally blowing up. Feel like we're going to see unprecedented civilian deaths in Gaza with a hawkish support of scorched earth bombing and also with Hamas and their capture of Israeli military people and civilians. I've been reading a lot of contemporary Middle Eastern history in the last year, mostly books written from the 80s-00s and the extent of day to day misery, violence and oppression in Palestinian territory was already creating boiling point tension then, I can't imagine 20-30 years later where most of the population can't even reminisce on the old villages, just entire generations of refugee camp citizens with nothing but resentment in their hearts. This outcome is a result of a complete failure from an apartheid regime in Israel that the military-industrial complex backed global media continues to project as an even-handed fight. Absolutely no preference for peace from the occupying side, only for an eternal state of war and chaos which benefits those in power. There's no justification for violent death, only explanation for how it has come about and it's impossible to lay the blame at anyone but Israel and the USA.

Posting this here because I don't really have another outlet for my feeling on it. It's a horrific tragedy I think it would be beneficial for anyone in the West to be more observant of it in a literate way.
They'll work it out.

It's hard to watch from afar.

I've seen Israel's tactics described as politicide. Destabilise and undermine a nation until all their institutions fail and they're left with no option and no recourse but to break out into violence, and then use that violence as justification to wipe them out.

It's disgusting and heartbreaking.

If you've not read Friendly Fire by Ami Ayalon, I recommend, though it's mainly a lament about what might have been had things had turned out just a little differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020s has been a bit of a shit show really... covid, war in Ukraine, corporate greed crisis and rampant global inflation, climate change disaster after disaster and still we fiddle while Rome burns, and now Israel and Palestine again. Plus Eddie dingle disappeared.

Bloody rough patch

2020s has been a bit of a s**t show really... covid, war in Ukraine, corporate greed crisis and rampant global inflation, climate change disaster after disaster and still we fiddle while Rome burns, and now Israel and Palestine again. Plus Eddie dingle disappeared.

Bloody rough patch
It's all gone to shit since Willie got caught on the pipe in footy and life

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back