List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

I still have large concerns the Eagles will go quantity over quality but ****ing hell just take this damn kid.
Use next years draft to split our first for multiple picks and bring some free agents in.

We're not alone in our mirth of the current situation.

Have spoken with several people that I trust over the past week who all agree that the competition is rotten.

Consensus is that HQ feels North needs a figurehead to build around and keep them going. After losing J.Horne-Francis, it seems H.Reid is now meant to be that player - trouble is North don't have pick 1.

Cue shenanigans with PP and inflated FA compensation to provide North with additional currency to trade for pick 1 - because handing it outright to them as the Kangaroos originally asked for would be too obvious...

A lot in the industry are not happy at all about what has occurred. A lot of sentiment along the lines of "I don't like West Coast, but I want to see them hold pick 1 just to shove it up HQ and North".

This offseason has been manipulated more than any other for the apparent purpose of delivering H.Reid to North.

They can get f****d. Holding proves a point that the corrupt administration can't have everything it's way. It also gets us the best player in the draft that every other club is now falling over trying to get close to.

Hold pick 1. Draft H.Reid.
It's the most blatant attempt the competition has seen to keep a draftee within a certain state.

None of this would be happening if he was from WA (or even SA) or if he was just a "stock standard"* top junior prospect like Whitfield, Petracca, Weitering, Patton etc.

* Not the right term but you get my drift.

After many months of being on board to pick split I can say I’ve officially been swayed to the JTR group after hearing his sen wa interview, he speaks so well and full of confidence and seems like he has a winners mentality, also I don’t know if im just using selective hearing but to me it sounds like he actually wants to come here instead of going to Norf.

I’d almost be gutted now if we trade pick 1 even for picks 2 and 3 Whereis just yesterday I would’ve been stoked with those picks…. Why do I jump on this forum everyday it’s torture 😭

839104.jpg

It would have to be a no way you can refuse offer surely. 2,3,F1 and another for nothing else but 1.

That would be the only way I’d do it. Unrealistic yes, but we hold the cards.

Based on everything we have heard, I really hope we stay the course and keep 1. It seems obvious if we do, who we will pick - no concern there, just as to whether or not we still have it come draft day!

I don’t expect the club to actively listen to the supporter base, but hopefully there can be enough noise on social media etc. that they cannot help but notice. We want Harley 😀

That's one of the best interviews you would see any player give let alone an 18 year old. Just draft the kid, almost no offer is worth what it would be worth bringing him in and giving him the number 9 guernsey - just the fact that it is free feels like fate.

2 and 3 absolute bare minimum.

Anyone else getting the feeling that Reid himself would rather come to the Eagles than North?

I wonder why.....

1697071849263.png

And that's with North "Home" games, where opposition supporters showed up, of 49,062 against Carlton, 37,231 against Essendon and 30,201 agaist the Hawks. Taking those games away they avearage 13,989 per home game........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't blame Freo, they have their first choice small forward walking out the door and there's one wanting come back to WA, of course they're going to throw their hat in the ring.

Searching 'Harley Reid' on Twitter returned some interesting results...

Mentioned in another thread I reactivated my twatter account last night with the plan of spamming the **** out of McClure if we draft Reid. Searched 'Harley Reid' to bookmark his post and the results were both interesting and distracting.

Brockman managed by Colin Young according to Twomey

Good luck with that Belly

Not that the concept of a player manager sabotaging Freo's list management doesn't make me chub up a little bit, but sheesh it's a worry that a manager can have that much power and influence.

Is McClure delusional and actually believes all his rubbish takes that he puts out? Or does he just have a massive ego and loves seeing his name in headlines no matter how ridiculous the reason is?

Either ones makes him a giant flog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back