List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Scouts say the talent drops off after 10 in this year’s draft

One recruiting source said any decision to overlook Reid could cost a recruiter their job given the high level of confidence in him to have an outstanding AFL career.

So norf three pick 2,3 & 8 2023 plus f19 would be fair and reasonable trade 🤔

You are seriously going to break a lot of hearts BOND 007 if we don't take Reid.

He is fast becoming the great hope for our supporter base. The chosen one anointed the coveted #9

You'd have to have balls of steel to trade him away because if you do and it backfires Nizzy won't be around anymore and the new CEO may just throw a few sheep to the pack of wolves baying for blood when he becomes a star.

Just take the kid mate.

Seriously, i truly hope you lot are reading the room here. This has the potential to get very messy.

Just come out today and say Harley is the kind of person we want at our football club. We are no longer considering trading the pick, no matter the offer. Some people you can’t put a price on.
Doing this will probably maximise the offers for pick 1 since clubs know for sure we don't want to trade it and they'll have to offer a crazy proposition to sway us.

I still hope we keep pick 1 though.
Would need to be pick 2, 3 & F1 to even consider it, who cares how overs that is.

The media/other clubs seem to believe we are desperate to split the pick.

Last edited:
Does it matter if it’s 2 or 3? obviously the clubs would know or tell each other who they wanted. you guys are getting flogged badly week in week out. if you take Reid without any other quality to show there is a change, then he will do the same as what Horne Francis did.
Yes it ****en matters. 2 gets us McKercher, which is what we need if we didn't get Reid.

Curtin is not an option for pick 2 or 3 given where he's slated to go.

Also don't conflate JHF and North with us and Reid. North a s**tstain of a club that play in front of 20,000 people with shit facilities. We are close to the biggest club in the land with the best facilities playing in front of 50,000 every second week at a start of the art stadium.

If you trade pick 1 for pick 2 plus whatever's, and you pick Curtin at pick 2, you ARE favouring West Australian talent over Eastern State players.
As per above, i'd be pissed if we took Curtin at 2 or 3. If we want him we need to target a pick in the 5-8 range where he's projected to go.

As Hawthorn supporters we were happy to get better throughout the year and not get Reid. We bit the bullet and are building a foundation for sustained success.
It seems like many west coast supporters think you just had a couple of years on injuries and get Reid in and we’ll be back playing finals in a couple of years. You need a lot more than 1 player, and getting flogged by over 100 points as many time as you have the last 2 years shows you don’t have that.
Judd didn’t make you a powerful team for an extended period, he was the cream on the solid foundation cake you already had in Gardiner, Cousins, Wirra, Braun, Glass, Embley, Fletcher, Kerr, Cox and then you traded 8 for Chick.
Jesus mate if you're going to come onto our board, please at least have a passing knoweldge of our list and prospects. Also lol that you think your team is going great guns and developing really well. Take out a 33 year old Bruest and where exactly are your goals coming from?

Yes agreed, when I said accelerate I didn’t mean win flags, I meant accelerate getting out of the position they are currently. they Don’t want to be like north have been for years thinking picks 1 will solve problems. And reality at the moment is they are worse than North.
Jesus christ. Again. We won a flag in 2018, of course North who have been shit for many years have more youth than us. It does not mean North are better than us or further along than us. We both won 3 games last year, and we split the games between us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a very good relationship with them. In the future we might be in a similar situation where GC could bid early on our prospects.

We won’t be able to match a bid inside Pick 40 anyway ..
Also I don’t agree with spanking all of GCS Points picks..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reserve the right to change my mind if it turns out we swap Pick 1 for three eventual premiership players, but I will be crushed if we trade away Harley Reid. I fear I'll spend the next ten to fifteen years watching him tear up the competition and feeling like Dockers fans did watching Andrew McLeod's career. And I never, ever want to feel like a Dockers fan.

JTR

After this morning I couldn't be more on the JTR bandwagon. On Draft night take Reid at 1 and if Curtin starts sliding, then try and make some moves to get him then.
After this morning i just worked out what JTR means. Apologies to all the posters who have been using JTR, i just thought you were weird.

I'm team JTR all the way!

Last edited:
View attachment 1829072
Ridiculous that he even has to say this. Up yours McClure
Dis is a cry for help for wce to draft him and not that basket case norf (I'll even fufil the rumour and the request of some wce supporter vision of me wearing number 9. Just take me and stop me from going from that basket case norf)

Is how norf would perceive that if it was talking about norf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back