Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I googled Kash Register because I thought someone was taking the piss. It turns out that Kash Register's life is an interesting one. He spent 34 years in prison after being wrongfully convicted of murder. Was finally released and received $16.7M in compo
Cha-ching!

It's Hitler Mussolini for me 💅

Here was me thinking you'd go for the obvious Dick Long.

I googled Kash Register because I thought someone was taking the piss. It turns out that Kash Register's life is an interesting one. He spent 34 years in prison after being wrongfully convicted of murder. Was finally released and received $16.7M in compo

Shoulda gone Donald Duck instead for the puns, just your usual casual "multiple dui" American who wanted some fast food, got bored, drank some piss, drank some more, decided to pass the wait time by planting the foot and ramming his van into the car in front of him at a Little Ceasers in Ohio with "soz mate, something's wrong with muh brakes".

So of course, enter duck commentary as police arrive on the scene and "Duck, Donald Duck" also flatly admitted to both having a few drinks, smoking a bit of pot, having both on him in the van, failing everything required and the cops being very serious in stating how "he's a frequent flier" as a direct quote from that county's sheriff since this was like his 6th DUI at this point.

And to make it even more lol, he's a Democrat and his middle name is Norman and he does have someone in his fam as a Patricia Duck. We all know Patricia gets shortened to Pat for Donald Duck and Pat Duck...

Anyone here ever microdose mushrooms? How did it work out for you

A mate does it, I'll ask, I'm catching up with him tonight. Last time I asked him he seemed to think it helped with low mood sort of stuff. He's not the type you'd think would take shrooms either so probably a good person to ask.

Barry Shitpeas
Lol
Game Show Laughing GIF by ABC Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s his agenda do you reckon?

Probably put money into renewables or has miners for rare earth stuff needed in renewables? Either way nuclear is a stalling pipe dream.

Probably put money into renewables or has miners for rare earth stuff needed in renewables? Either way nuclear is a stalling pipe dream.

One issue with Nuclear, is it means you really need to lock into it to get something back for the investment.
If you used renewables as well as Nuclear, you'd need to pay both back.
To only use a Nuclear power station when wind and solar are not available, means you get a few hours a day ( assuming more wind and solar ) to pay back your investment.

Gas is cheaper to build, so you can basically build it as a backup, though no-one will want to build the more expensive co-generation gas plants. They'd rather run the inefficient 1970s ones they already have.

If you look at what batteries are currently costing, to get really useful statewide backup , you're looking at spending as much as a nuclear power station costs.

One issue with Nuclear, is it means you really need to lock into it to get something back for the investment.
To only use a Nuclear power station when wind and solar are not available, means you get a few hours a day ( assuming more wind and solar ) to pay back your investment.

Gas is cheaper to build, so you can basically build it as a backup, though no-one will want to build the more expensive co-generation gas plants. They'd rather run the inefficient 1970s ones they already have.

If you look at what batteries are currently costing, to get really useful statewide backup , you're looking at spending as much as a nuclear power station costs.

Arguably we need to invest in wave more, as since majority are coastal, and we're a big island, there's a lot of potential in farming the oceans that surround us to then provide the power in the densest spots on the coastlines population wise for secondary renewables. What was it 2 years ago they trialled wave tech in the strait for Tassie to some success, but say, global warming stuff;

Solar in the big middle, as durr, run those lines in the hottest parts where the sun hangs the longest in the sky.
Wave around the coasts, as if you get 50% of totals at present, as the tech progresses and the seas and such swell more and more, you can cover more of the sun and wind with wave.

Whilst gas is cheaper to build, it's not really to run as we export most of it elsewhere anyway.

They’re going to have to put batteries on houses and in smaller storage units. Storage big enough for anything serious would be prohibitively expensive. Up in the bush I have several batteries instead on one big pack. Cheap to buy and replace and do everything I need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back