Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It has the façade of democracy but is compromised beyond belief
I think it has been in a bad state for a very long time but the advent of independent news media makes it much harder for them to control the narrative

The Citizens United ruling was a significant marker on Americas slide to where it is now. That decision heralded the creation of Super Pacs and unlimited campaign funding.

Now lobbyists have almost a direct link to the law making machinery, with corporations able to write (or rewrite) the actual legislation that politicians put to the floor to vote.

The supreme court ruled by the barest margin (5-4) against Citizens United saying unlimited political funding would not corrupt the political system. But it clearly has.

Once the corruption sets in then the quality of the political candidate declines. There are too many career politicians who are in it for less than genuine reasons. And corporations are capturing them from a younger age too and bringing them through the system.

Just going with the unsubstantiated murder allegations. I’m triggered!!

Still following a party that you can’t vote for like a footy team. Double triggered.

The Citizens United ruling was a significant marker on Americas slide to where it is now. That decision heralded the creation of Super Pacs and unlimited campaign funding.

Now lobbyists have almost a direct link to the law making machinery, with corporations able to write (or rewrite) the actual legislation that politicians put to the floor to vote.

The supreme court ruled by the barest margin (5-4) against Citizens United saying unlimited political funding would not corrupt the political system. But it clearly has.

Once the corruption sets in then the quality of the political candidate declines. There are too many career politicians who are in it for less than genuine reasons. And corporations are capturing them from a younger age too and bringing them through the system.

Hey CF are you SoloMonk on twitter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughter just picked up a job at the G.....when you blokes head to games there be nice to the staff who are serving food directing you the right way or I will come looking for you.

Relieved she can pay her rent, I don't need to!!!

Last edited:
My daughter just picked up a job at the G.....when you blokes head to games there be nice to the staff who are serving food directing you the right way or I will come looking for you.

Relieved she can pay her rent, I don't need to!!!
Mates rates? Need to refinance the mortgage every time I go ffs

Coupla new names

I googled Kash Register because I thought someone was taking the piss. It turns out that Kash Register's life is an interesting one. He spent 34 years in prison after being wrongfully convicted of murder. Was finally released and received $16.7M in compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back