Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 21/22 SBM - 23/24 CoCapt

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nah......not a homophobic slur and the recipient isn't gay.
Its not a massive deal, its really not. But it was a shitty choice for a public insult made by a highly paid club leader employed by a league that's acutely vulnerable to criticism about why they are the only major professional sporting code left in the world where not a single male player has come out as gay.

Since when is the word c/ sucker a homophonic slur? If it’s only intended for gays , OMFG they were all lesbians and I didn’t even know. The world has gone bat s**t crazy.
Agree.

Most of the world is made up of women and vast majority of men & women are heterosexual. Simple math dictates that mostly women participate in the act of **** sucking.

Now if Clarko use the f word.....fair enough.

The biggest take out of this should be that the coach stood up for one of his players being cowardly taken out by an opposition player. Any other take is purely out of spite or and for financial reasons.

Last edited:

Mother huffer will be next crossed off the list of acceptable adjectives/nouns

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
How Dare You Greta GIF

Since when is the word c/ sucker a homophonic slur? If it’s only intended for gays , OMFG they were all lesbians and I didn’t even know. The world has gone bat s**t crazy.
I mean the implication is that there's something inherently wrong with sucking ****. Whether you mean it to be homophobic or not, there's no denying that its origins are in homophobia - and that's from someone who calls people ********ers a lot lol

Just a heads up guys, as usual hit another team board at your own peril.

The Saints board is giving out full whack "serious infractions" weeks off like candy regardless of your own personal records and infraction history. There's plenty of other places to vent.

If they were any good as mods, then half their board would be banned at present. I (am sad to say) spent a bit of time there last night and this morning and their mods let saints posters, post the most outrageous stuff with impunity.

And then George, who masquerades as one of the their mods (he's the mod you have when you don't have a mod when it comes to saints posters) had the audacity to come over here and post absolute s***.

If I was a saints supporter, with their club's truly pathetic record over 148 years, I wouldn't be having cracks at other clubs and their supporters. They have literally nothing that they can crow at over other clubs, especially when you reflect on the fact that their sole flag was decided by a solitary Barry Breen behind. 58 years ago this year. Goodness gracious me, how lamentable is that?

I mean the implication is that there's something inherently wrong with sucking utensil. Whether you mean it to be homophobic or not, there's no denying that its origins are in homophobia - and that's from someone who calls people **********s a lot lol
I kinda wish I had a subscription to the OED.

They reckon is was first used as late as 1885, by a Shakespearean scholar in private correspondence with Walt Whitman. So now I’m genuinely interested in its origin.

https://www.oed.com/dictionary/********er_n?tab=factsheet

Edit: oh, of course BF censors links to the Oxford dictionary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is ********** a slur?
That was my reaction too, aren't both sexes capable and prone to?
Look Clarko probably should have kept his cool but we know thats not him and he was venting after seeing his captain with a history of concussion knocked out cold. Seems there is a lot of deflection happening here from the real culprit in this story

Hello. Pardon the interruption.

The most important thing is Jy fully recovers.

After all the hullabaloo this week Re Webster and Clarko dies down, all that matters in future is Jy’s health. I reckon the thoughts of the footy community are entirely with your Skipper.

Everyone has read about CTE found in autopsies of prominent and increasingly not so prominent sportsfolk.

I was watching the Shield game on Sunday when Puc hit the ground again. Just horrific. This followed Angus Brayshaw’s and Paddy Mac’s forced retirements. These fellas are the tip of the iceberg as heaps of folk get repeat concussions in metro and country footy.

It would not matter if he wasn’t, but I know Simpkin is an exceptional young person outside footy.

All the absolute best wishes for the young fella.

I too went and had a look on The Aints board. They truly are a special bunch over there. Deluded is a horrible understatement. Calling us parasites. They have been living off the AFL credit card for how long now? And 1 flag in 150 odd years and a record number of wooden spoons that will never be broken. They are a boil on the ARSE of the AFL. A despicable organisation that welcomed back, with open arms, a coach who walked out on them for a better offer after running the club into the ground.

Is there any chance Jy plays Round 1? As much as it's a third concussion in 12 months, he did seem to recover quickly on Sunday. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Is there any chance Jy plays Round 1? As much as it's a third concussion in 12 months, he did seem to recover quickly on Sunday. Hopefully it's a good sign.

Won't know until we hear medical reports. But he was out cold at RSEA on Sunday.

I don't think anyone should be shocked if Jy ends up missing round 1.

Won't know until we hear medical reports. But he was out cold at RSEA on Sunday.

I don't think anyone should be shocked if Jy ends up missing round 1.

Putting my Sainter's hat on;
. He " didn't " get hit in the head
. He " wasn't " knocked unconcious
. He got up and " walked " off
. There was " no " stretcher
. He didn't go to hospital
. He " sat " on the bench for the rest of the game
. He's " fine "

Putting my Sainter's hat on;
. He " didn't " get hit in the head
. He " wasn't " knocked unconcious
. He got up and " walked " off