Out of team and replacement:

Cerra - Docherty
Walsh - Dow
McGovern - Marchbank
McKay - Smalls
Silvagni - DeKoning

Out of Position:
Docherty - Hollands

Depth looks good. Probably a tad short on height there but overall looks good.
Na, Jack in for pitt. Pitt is bog average at everything except taps. We need to back tdk in to become the gun he has the potential o become. Tdk is average as a forward/ ruck so Jack complements him well. Pitt backup ruck.

Unrelated to the quoted post, does Kennedy get back in? I still don't see us being better with cripps, Hewett and Kennedy in the one team. Have enjoyed seeing more rotations through the cba with cunners, Fogarty, etc.

Na, Jack in for pitt. Pitt is bog average at everything except taps. We need to back tdk in to become the gun he has the potential o become. Tdk is average as a forward/ ruck so Jack complements him well. Pitt backup ruck.

Unrelated to the quoted post, does Kennedy get back in? I still don't see us being better with cripps, Hewett and Kennedy in the one team. Have enjoyed seeing more rotations through the cba with cunners, Fogarty, etc.
Have to chose between Kennedy and Hewett IMO. It's a hard one but I had Kennedy very slightly ahead before he went down.

3DF_200.jpg

We have some serious depth now people so if a few miss early they should be well covered
Also gives us a chance to get games into and check out guys that would normally not get a go
Serious depth…. Breathe…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lewis Young:
game high 11 rebound 50s
7 intercepts
15 touches (6 contested)
4 Contested Defensive one on ones (lost 0)
6 marks
2 intercept marks
equal team high 7 one percenters
only player to play 100% game time

It is absolutely time to change up the connotation of “D Word”

No longer is the prime derivative Depth in my opinion, it is Dynasty.

We are coming off one of the greatest home and away victories in our history. We conquered the hardest away trip in the competition in spectacular fashion.

We were missing Walsh and Weitering, two superstars of the game a well as Martin and Marchbank, two locks in our best 23. Also missing Elijah Hollands who has all but locked himself in to the top team during our pre season.

Three arguably best 22 players in Pittonet, Corey Durdin and the injured Silvagni and Cincotta who is firmly in the debate for the team. Not to mention quality depth insurance like Sam Durdin.

Jack Carroll has already elevated from depth and development status to claim a best 23 spot.

Then we have highly promising youngsters almost assured of making the grade in Binns, Cowan, Moir, Wilson, and likely import Rob Monahan who we can add to our promising big men in Lemmey and O’Keeffe.

I don’t think it is disrespectful to state our only questionable listed players are project ruck Mirkov who has been stalled by illness, Cat B defensive swingman Akuei and young rookie Matt Carroll who we have yet to see in action.

Then we factor in that we only have two current player to reach the “mature” age of thirty, when most player exhibits signs of decline.

We are currently in the top echelon of teams, with large numbers genuinely pushing for opportunity, with many likely to be starved of opportunity in the short term.

Just to top it off, we have two quality father/son prospects most likely to add to the list at the end of this season, with, in my opinion, a budding superstar two years later (Cody Walker, who has a younger brother who may be in the same conversation, Arli)

Other than finding the next generation of key position players, our list is “set”. Lemmey and likely forward/ruck O’Keeffe have us arguably half way to through that task.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis The D Word

Remove this Banner Ad

Back