Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Last qtr from Sicily was massive.

Dislocated shoulder, mandatory HFC rolled ankle 😉

He had to play forward out of necessity and did a huge job.

Well done Calsher - I’ll put my hand up and say I had my doubts, but we saw a glimpse of what he’s capable of.

Last season we were 1-7 with a % of 61.6%

Now we are 2-6 with a % of 74%.

This is with a bigger injury list.

We have clearly improved from 2023 and should be pleased with how we are progressing.

stone-cold.gif

Not strictly game related, but this has been an A-Grade example of what commentary could be. The entire group. Hopefully signs of what it'll be in the future with the more recent retirees and actually dedicated callers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The very definition of a gutsy win.

A true captain’s game from the blonde prince of Glenferrie.

Impey’s best game in the brown & gold. Probably gets the 3 Brownlow votes.

Also,

We’ve got one in Calsher Dear. Few more pre-seasons + kgs and he is going to be a problem for defenders.

Not strictly game related, but this has been an A-Grade example of what commentary could be. The entire group. Hopefully signs of what it'll be in the future with the more recent retirees and actually dedicated callers.

Easily one of the best listens in a while

That would have been frustrating to have lost but holy hell I would have still been proud of the absolute effort across the park. Special shoutout to the Wizard who flew at two blokes significantly bigger than him and impeded them both on the wing before we got it forward to ice the game. What a bloody little star.
Not as big as an occasion but my mind instantly thought of Cyril in 08 GF. Having said that the stakes might not of been as high but we need to win as many games as we can when we can and the kid after missing a doosie to give us breathing room proved that he brings effort even when his confidence would've been pretty low. Speaks a lot of the kid.

Fantastic win by the boys. Dear kicking his first goal is one of my favourite Hawthorn moments of all time. On the flip side, not a great week for me comments wise. Self imposed ban for a while. Sam Mitchell knows what he’s doing, we are on right track, go Hawks!

Stick around mate, it’s fun to be wrong sometimes. Dear couldn’t be more ready and I’m 100% here for it.

Best thing about that win is the maturity we showed throughout. Could've dropped our bundle in the first when Sic went down.

Challenged multiple times, just kept getting up and fighting back. Huge win for the psyche of the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back