Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched a car get unloaded in front of my place, because it has to be in front of mine and not in front of theirs for their stupid shitbox that can't run.

I've half a mind to grab a trolley and shift it across the road to block their driveway for the townhouses they live in, all just because he leaned on my fence during the unloading...

Ex work colleague once told me a story about an India trip

Could hear something in a what was called a toilet and dropped to squat and there was a pig underneath waiting to play catch
GFOH!!! Are you serious?? 😂😂

As one uncle had 3k acres, we of course had facilities around as when you gotta you gotta, and drinking water and water rights are you know, pristine things not to mess with. Suffice to say..

I believe the pig instance, as you'd be surprised how often animals just go "oh hey, a cover with water" and cosy on up. You do have to remember, in some cases they are just holes in the ground, irrigation and things like sewerage are a given in some regions, as not all areas as as well developed as the west, and even in the west, when you're literal km away from things, you just make do with what you have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to SLS (Sunbury Laundromat Shenanigans) for a moment, to highlight two things, as i went to do my laundry, note the past tense;

1. I went to pay for the use of a washer, the system thought about it, thought some more, pondered the meaning of artificial life, spewed forth error messages and crashed the reader.
  2. During me standing at the screen and back to the washer a woman walked in, looked at me looking back and forth between reader and washer, smiled, walked on in, pulled her drying walked on out with me still looking back and forth. No shits given.
  3. Prior to this escapade, I went to put my washing in my own car and enter: random cat that had wandered in, sat on the table, realised "this isn't my house" and freaked TF out to run underneath the very car I had just loaded my washing into. So there i was on hands and knees trying to usher it out as "bitch please, I am going to use this car GTFO" and it looking at me all wide eyed to "I'm trying to coax some randos cat, FML".
  4. So I go inside, grab the keys to the other car, start it, cat doesn't move, well, I lie it went from the closest wheel to the wheel on the other side and still stared at me. So I unloaded the washing, locked my car, reloaded washing, went to leave and BAM cat runs away.
So not only did I have to try and coax a random cat out so I could drive, but when I did get there, the laundro broke itself so I now have to go back later to try again.

Also, I am over that cat looking at me like I am encroaching on its perch, this is my house you frantic feline and I will get my other neighbours dogs out if you force me to.

Back to SLS (Sunbury Laundromat Shenanigans) for a moment, to highlight two things, as i went to do my laundry, note the past tense;

1. I went to pay for the use of a washer, the system thought about it, thought some more, pondered the meaning of artificial life, spewed forth error messages and crashed the reader.
  2. During me standing at the screen and back to the washer a woman walked in, looked at me looking back and forth between reader and washer, smiled, walked on in, pulled her drying walked on out with me still looking back and forth. No shits given.
  3. Prior to this escapade, I went to put my washing in my own car and enter: random cat that had wandered in, sat on the table, realised "this isn't my house" and freaked TF out to run underneath the very car I had just loaded my washing into. So there i was on hands and knees trying to usher it out as "bitch please, I am going to use this car GTFO" and it looking at me all wide eyed to "I'm trying to coax some randos cat, FML".
  4. So I go inside, grab the keys to the other car, start it, cat doesn't move, well, I lie it went from the closest wheel to the wheel on the other side and still stared at me. So I unloaded the washing, locked my car, reloaded washing, went to leave and BAM cat runs away.
So not only did I have to try and coax a random cat out so I could drive, but when I did get there, the laundro broke itself so I now have to go back later to try again.

Also, I am over that cat looking at me like I am encroaching on its perch, this is my house you frantic feline and I will get my other neighbours dogs out if you force me to.
Sooooo…… shit day? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Sooooo…… shit day? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Nah, minor annoyance. Also;

Whoever trained that cat failed hard as it didn't understand to GTF out from under a car with a running motor and I didn't quite feel like running over a cat I thought "might have just run off" originally before making sure of it as sneaky suspicion.

I mean, I don't own a cat, it's not like I expect one to be there, yet I'd feel horrible if I just drove off and heard a distressed animal because I assumed.

So it's more a funny story at present, but reality being I so need to find out where that cat comes from so I can say "hey, so, take better care of it before it gets injured", I mean the table it was on has some things I am waiting to accrue so I can toss them in a skip later. It's not like it's a clean table, it has sharp and pointy things on it.

1720786829690.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back