Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucas Robinson just won the WA16s MVP
His father was born in Africa
(Zimbabwe I think)
From the south Fremantle zone
So he should qualify as a Freo NGA as I see it?
His great uncle is also Dalton Gooding, the former Eagles Chairman!
That’ll go down well with the family

Last edited:
Lucas Robinson just won the WA16s MVP
His father was born in Africa
(Zimbabwe I think)
From the south Fremantle zone
So he should qualify as a Freo NGA as I see it?
His great uncle is also Dalton Gooding, the former Eagles Chairman!
That’ll go down well with the family
I think they need to be signed up before turning 16 yo? Or something like that... It's what happened to Erasmus and the WC NGA, he was too old to bring him into NGA by the time they realised he's got some serious talent.

I think they need to be signed up before turning 16 yo? Or something like that... It's what happened to Erasmus and the WC NGA, he was too old to bring him into NGA by the time they realised he's got some serious talent.
Not sure if he is signed up.

I know there was some confusion as to which wafl club he was zoned to because home is right on the border of the Claremont country zone and South’s .
He played state 15s last year so he should’ve been on the radar before the age cut off to qualify, just not sure if anyone would’ve been aware of his father’s background though.

Kids (and their parents) these days really need to get across the eligibility rules (as do the clubs naturally) so they can sign up. You don't want another Erasmus situation where you miss out on priority access to a talented player.

My Aussie born and bred nephew managed to represent WA at the All Nations carnival (maybe 6 to 8 years ago - Sebit Kuek was in the same side btw) simply because his father was born in Quebec. I note though from the above that the CaLD requirements are for both parents to be born in the non-English speaking country - so that must have been different eligibility rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit Fremantle F/S and NGA prospects upcoming

Ryan Bizzell NGA
Sage Clarke NGA

Toby Whan NGA - WA u18's Championships
Basil Hart NGA
Joshua Nomlatyu NGA

Lucas Robinson NGA - WA u16's Championships - WA MVP/AA Midfield

What year can we expect to see some quality F/S kids?

Hudson is the one, I think. Also a mad dockers supporter.

There was a brilliant one of him (on Sally's insta, I think) a couple of years back running around with Dave in front of the goals at some oval, and Hudson snaps it through, calling out "Andy Brayshaw ... kicks a goal!".

And then Dave says, "Drop punt, please".

Didn't Roger Hayden have a few boys up and coming?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back