Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just need to tighten up how teams match bids.

If you needed to use pick 5 and a bunch of junk picks to match a pick 1 bid I wouldn't have an issue with the system. But being able to split/downgrade your late first and second rounders until you enough points is BS and is all that needs phasing out.

Do this and the Western Bulldogs probably need to make a decision between JUH and Darcy and Gold Coast gets maybe two of their NGA guys last year - unless they trade out proper assets to get the points needed.

Not the entire state.

We never got access to metro indigenous players, like the vic teams did.
Hmm not sure we should get that, wouldn't that mean every indigenous player in Australia is under an academy system then?

If Vic is getting it then they need to cutback too

Would mean you can only draft indigenous players you train yourself from now on? (Unless a team passes on them?)

Hmm not sure we should get that, wouldn't that mean every indigenous player in Australia is under an academy system then?

Would mean you can only draft indigenous players you train yourself from now on? (Unless a team passes on them?)

Previously, the vic teams go Vic, Tas, and NT. And SA and WA got small remote areas of there state.

As long as it is fair, then I would take it.

Previously, the vic teams go Vic, Tas, and NT. And SA and WA got small remote areas of there state.

As long as it is fair, then I would take it.
It's interesting, is Vic split between 10 teams enough?

Tassie will obviously take Tassie zones in 5 years time, so rezoning will happen then

Out of my depth for who should be allocated zones though, us and wce getting free reign over WA indigenous talent seems pretty wild

Not the entire state.

We never got access to metro indigenous players, like the vic teams did.
The AFL has reinstated what I call the 'Jesse Motlop' rule.

For one season this criteria was in place and it meant we couldn't match a bid for Motlop until pick 40. It was removed to be nothing shortly after.

It honestly hasn't changed much. We got **** all from NGAs previously and that'll stay the same.

Sounds very much like a move on the run though so the AFL could make further changes.

This is possibly a response to the decline in indigenous talent league wide.

Must mean that there is a JUH calibre player looming in the Collingwood or Carlton academy.
I think it's a response to Gold Coast again looking at having a top 5 pick coming from their academy, so clubs are starting to get a bit irate at how much of a leg up Gold Coast are getting lately.

Swear what they need to do is tighten the eligibility right up, your Mum or Dad born in South Africa or England qualifying you is pure nonsense.

Force the purpose of the entire NGA system to be 'Develop players who without the program existing would never play the game at a high level'.

Kids who were always going to play and get picked up anyway should never come through the NGA pathway - then suddenly it's a very healthy program for the game as a whole and genuinely more players are getting added to the talent pool.

Free bonus list spots if you can somehow get an Indian or Chinese Nick Daicos.
Ni Dai xue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ran into a guy today whose son is part of WCE's NGA. It was interesting what he had to say. This man and his family bleed pur[le, so he might be biased, but he was saying the boys in the squad were told to get into boxing and wrestling to be more capable of fending off opponents. He said he found this strange when the sling tackle potentially stems from wrestling.

Time to boot this bad boy up again

Who are our prospects for 2025 onwards?

Reckon we will be trading out of the first round in 2025 and 2026 so any juicy prospects will be very nice

Time to boot this bad boy up again

Who are our prospects for 2025 onwards?

Reckon we will be trading out of the first round in 2025 and 2026 so any juicy prospects will be very nice

Basil Hart - https://central.rookieme.com/afl/player/basil-hart/

Also Toby Whan as well....

Swear what they need to do is tighten the eligibility right up, your Mum or Dad born in South Africa or England qualifying you is pure nonsense.

Force the purpose of the entire NGA system to be 'Develop players who without the program existing would never play the game at a high level'.

Kids who were always going to play and get picked up anyway should never come through the NGA pathway - then suddenly it's a very healthy program for the game as a whole and genuinely more players are getting added to the talent pool.

Free bonus list spots if you can somehow get an Indian or Chinese Nick Daicos.
Alternatively and I've thought about this a bit, no multicultural qualifier - but public school and non PSA private schools only.

Also Toby Whan as well....

Toby Whan gets on the list obviously the nickname (Kenobi) is a gimme.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Fremantle Dockers Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back