Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the thinking is bordering on totally disingenuous, and we get it from both external parties (media, opposition fans) and the "club can do no wrong" faction of our supporter base who've been emboldened by the club potting the fans who've been critical of the last 12 years.

Being critical of underperformance is not barracking for failure, you're trying to point out that the status quo isn't good enough. By being critical in order to demand accountability you're trying to make sure the same mistakes aren't repeated over and over and over.

The club has been so insular in the past decade as to walk past valid criticism from the supporter base - criticism that in the past drove standards to the point where our results were the envy of Australian football and propelled us into the national competition.

We are so far away from accountable that the club is unrecognisable from what made it successful in the first place.

We get a bump in performance every time there is serious criticism or people are almost held accountable for underperformance, then we have a few wins and it's thrown in our faces as though we were wrong to point out the shortcomings. Wash, rinse, repeat.

IMG_0504.jpeg

🤤

Timmy G in the write up about the 1994 grand final said he couldn't wait to go to the after match at Alberton and celebrate with the fans. He also said it was his favourite part of winning and that he wished the night would never end! I just don't get it these days!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's why when dumb dumb Rowe on live radio, called us ken haters and church mice, I was disappointed that Ginever in particular never came to the supporters defense, crickets from him, Tredrea tried in his own way but his position on the board has some what gagged him from saying exactly what he thinks and feels.

I am just sick of the media using radio, tv and podcasts to attack paying members. It's so easy for people like Rowe, Cornes, Wilson & Whateley to abuse and use their platforms against supporters that just want accountability or change in the club they financially support.

Some in the AFL media should have a hard look at themselves, to resort to what I would call gutter journalism just to protect an over paid and over rated coach that has failed to deliver when it counts, over a 12 year period.

The people that contribute to the AFL and the clubs in the way of membership, attending games, buying merch are the customers of the AFL as a business, so it's about time they stood up for their paying customers and put a stop to these 2nd rate journos that use their national platforms to attack AFL customers.

Last edited:
It's sounds weird & even ridiculous but it feels like repeat trauma. Maybe the newer players that haven't been infected by Kens negativity will make the difference this year.
Totally possible.

Who knows, maybe what we've seen recently is that secret ingredient of getting the balance right and getting the team to click, that we've been seeking for a heck of a long time. Maybe, just maybe, after all this time it's finally happening.

Still though it's very hard to believe it could actually be a reality when you're this scorned.

I hope we win the next 6 games, which means we're premiers, but I don't yet believe for a second that it'll happen. We need to win the next 3 and our first final for me to open myself up I reckon.

Democracy Manifest dude passed today

Vale
Tragic and sad, but **** the dailymail for referring to him as the "petty crook". What crime did he commit?

Eating a meal? A succulent chinese meal?

Want that top
Futurama Buy GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only two of those are journalists. Kornes and Stupid are media "personalities" and in the case of Kornes a shock jock.
Agreed as an example of blokes like Crowie describing themselves as `journalists,' Kenny Cunnington used to do that as well and he often struggled to put a coherent sentence together, if he ever wrote an opinion piece (ala a real journalist) he would have needed multiple ghost writers to make any sense out of it.

That said I have never seen any professional sporting club constantly message to its supporters how hard it is to win it all and be grateful for what they have.
Not just a sporting club but any professional organisation. What business tells it's stakeholders that it's too hard to be successful and they should just be grateful that they're still in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back