Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that the coaches had JHF start on the bench for the first 7 minutes in each of the first 2 quarters.

Is this true?

Who the F starts one of your most damaging player on the bench in a final?
Started on the bench heaps of times this year.

This is a red herring. Individual performances and coaching decisions are essentially irrelevant. Whether he starts on the bench or on the field would have no bearing on the result.

Its pretty clear that there is a much broader problem with the culture and mentality of the club that goes beyond moment by moment plays or decisions.

You all know that if Ken goes we will just get Carr to coach who is already in the box watching these finals loses.

I think the club is ****ed either keeping or snacking Ken.

We won't do our full due diligence on other candidates.

Started on the bench heaps of times this year.

This is a red herring. Individual performances and coaching decisions are essentially irrelevant. Whether he starts on the bench or on the field would have no bearing on the result.

Its pretty clear that there is a much broader problem with the culture and mentality of the club that goes beyond moment by moment plays or decisions.
You want to start a final with a bang so you play your match winners at the first bounce.

“We’ll back them to learn from this” says coach of team who has never learned from this
At least he didn't say "I wouldn't change a thing" this time. Hopefully next week's press conference will include the long awaited words, "I resign."

You all know that if Ken goes we will just get Carr to coach who is already in the box watching these finals loses.

I think the club is ****ed either keeping or snacking Ken.

We won't do our full due diligence on other candidates.
We'll do a full international search. We'll knock on every door down the corridor...

There is a time and a place for a strong board to take control of a decision.

If rhe footy committee don't sack Ken then this is it.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bang on.

There's trusting your footy committee to make decisions, and then there's letting your coach set records for mediocrity and finals failure that will never be broken.

SAME AGAIN KEN, that is the headline in today's Murdoch Press. Good to see the press applying the blow torch but will it make any difference to Koch and his know nothing mates? Hopefully other sections of the media will join the chorus.

What is particularly galling is the, 'we have learned from last year's straight sets exit' message that was put about by Connor Rozee and the players and coaching staff in the week leading up to last night's debacle. I believe the fact that last night's performance proves otherwise is what the Advertiser scribes are getting at.

What I am having trouble with is my own expectations in the days leading up to last night. I actually thought we had a real shot at it after our performances over the previous six weeks. We had flogged the top side, beaten the then second side on their home deck and also beaten two other finals contenders and our cross town rivals. I fell for the hype put about in the media with the colour centre spreads and player comments. It is like some gorgeous woman coming into your bed and you wake next morning with your credit cards and identity stolen during the night.

What a fool I was, I fell for it- never again while these people are running the club.
It is absolutely staggering after having some real form going into the finals this team just turns into jelly. It is what this club has become and what we are known for. We rely on way too few to win games. The complete lack of leadership or competitiveness was frightening from the very first minute until the last. They ain’t recovering from this too many bang average players in that side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a special guy we have as the "FIGUREHEAD" Such a man of self-professed honesty, integrity, bravity.
Here are some quotes from honest, brave, Ken, the figurehead:
"Disappointing, clearly."
"What do we learn from this game?"
"Move forward quickly."
"I always deal in facts."
"We have to move the group forward quickly."
"How do they feel about that?"
" It's a group. It's about our coaching group. It's about our playing group. It's about our footy club."
"It's not...... I GET THAT IT FALLS BACK TO THE HEAD COACH IN SOME WAYS."
"We've always said, this is all of us doing this."
"It's not one individual but there's a figurehead, and for me, I sit in that spot."
"I work really hard to give the best results we can possibly get."

This is the person who the Port Adelaide Football Club has employed and paid millions of dollars for twelve years to be a "figurehead". This moron. This charlatan. This grifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back