Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not playing. ;)
powell-pepper-pig-04-jpg.1565992

This is Nicks GF, this game to me would be an absolute indicator of how we would go into a Finals match under Nicks.

He also knows that it will add to his resume to roll a Top 4 team.
Hopefully Nicks doesn't treat it as a must win game

Because that involves a cautious defence-first approach, awful sub selection, snail-paced ball movement and the worst football anyone has ever witnessed

Treat it as a game where there is absolutely nothing to be gained by winning though and we'll blitz them

Yep, I attribute that to the below;
  • Smith and Jones out of favour
  • No Ned
  • Finally having Murray, Rankine and Thilthorpe all in the same team,
  • Playing all of Curtin, Taylor, Nank.
  • Sholl no longer a whipping boy, and having a cracking season

Just need to get Murphy out, have a fit Pedlar, and find a way to rotate Dowling, Cook, Ryan, Edwards through there.
Yes, need a fit and firing Pedlar for sure (2025), but rotate them through where, please? Murphy's ''pressure-forward-and-shape-keeping-spot"? 5 into 1 doesn't go, ie having 5 players rotate through one spot won't work.
I'm yet to be convinced that Cook* is a keeper, too.
Murphy, Gollant and Berry should/would be the most at risk in this side.
I reckon Berry's come good.
Murphy is a total spud. Gollant and *Cook have had several chances and are yet to make best-22.
I'm backing in 007 as long as he keeps doing a lockdown job on the smalls. Tonight - Rioli goalless please.
Yes, he's been very effective so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm expecting a 40+ loss, Port need to keep winning and we really don't need a win, our season is done.

If we win that's not a credit to us that means Port had a horrific game when under pressure to win and does not bode well for finals, a win for Port could mean a home preliminary final. The stakes are high for them.

Not sure why, but I just have a good feeling about tonight. We are coming in after a good win last week, we have nothing to lose and we have one of the strongest sides we have had all year.

Port have all the pressure on them, if they lose they will likely finish outside of the top 4 and make it really hard for themselves to get through to the GF. These are the games Port typically don't turn up for.

Looking forward to Fog and RT dominating up forward tonight with Tex out. When he was out against the Bombers a few weeks ago these two stepped up and played really well. They are ready to take over the forward line post Tex and make it their own.

Crows by 24

This is Nicks GF, this game to me would be an absolute indicator of how we would go into a Finals match under Nicks.

He also knows that it will add to his resume to roll a Top 4 team.
I’m not sure you can play that game. Too many things outside Nicks control; player injuries, umpiring decisions, freaky bounces, opposition skills. Even if the boys win, our mob will still want his head. It’s all irrelevant

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back