Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 4 please
or beat the Poo ... win-win

giphy-com-seth-meyers-weighing-e-gif.919124

they win this then I think they are premiership favourites.
I think we've got harder games to come to be honest, none of us will think we're favourites even if we put the game to bed in the first half.. no doubt we've structurally struggled against your lot for some time now though. Personally I think you'll win by 4-5 goals , can't see us kicking a big enough score with our outs.

I think we've got harder games to come to be honest, none of us will think we're favourites even if we put the game to bed in the first half.. no doubt we've structurally struggled against your lot for some time now though. Personally I think you'll win by 4-5 goals , can't see us kicking a big enough score with our outs.

What I meant was more confidence given the last few showdowns. Proves internally to the group that you are a different team to previous years. I think JHF is your point of difference these finals. He is your best player.

You are right you will play alot better teams that us but I think you are a real chance this year. There are not many good teams.

I love rachele , but I think him opening his mouth is going to backfire . It’s going to be close . Pear by 11 points .
Same. In the past we have shut our mouths about the rivalry and left it all up to the “we hate them as part of our DNA” “Professional jealousy” crowd do all the talking. With Tex out just think we might struggle, and that their midfield will be primed to show us up after we have dominated them in the previous meetings. Powa by 23 points.

If we push to high again and leave space out the back all night you should win comfortably. If we actually approach this game trying to stop your strengths instead of ignoring them like the last few times we've come up against each other we should win but whoknows.
PAFC66 hey mate, as the earliest “Sack Hinkley” proponent I ever remember seeing on your board (4/5/6 years ago?) is there anything he can do this year - besides a flag - to make you and the masses change your tune on Kenny? Noticeable change this year and last is winning virtually all the close games (perhaps 5 or 6 games 10 pts or under). Crows are the opposite 2 years in a row but win an extra 3-4 of these and it makes all the difference

I honestly can’t see how we can win this game. If Port come in with the mentality they had a couple of weeks ago against Sydney, they will absolutely tear us apart, and they are probably due to beat us. Power by plenty
They will never tear US apart

Just checked the weather forecast, it looks likely to be decent weather with low winds by the evening. Port are certainly in form, so will be a good test for the team without Tex. I’m seeing this as a preview for the future, and a good test to see where we’re truly at with respect to the AFL standards.

Not sure about this, but is this the first time we’re seeing Fog, Gollant and Thilthorpe together in an AFL match? Keen to see what this forward combo can bring tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we push to high again and leave space out the back all night you should win comfortably. If we actually approach this game trying to stop your strengths instead of ignoring them like the last few times we've come up against each other we should win but whoknows.
Correct. I've been saying that all week.

Miraculously the Best the team's looked in yonks!
Really feel Port will struggle (and expose some of their obvious flaws)
Crows by 30+ (keepin' up that avg)
Yep, I attribute that to the below;
  • Smith and Jones out of favour
  • No Ned
  • Finally having Murray, Rankine and Thilthorpe all in the same team,
  • Playing all of Curtin, Taylor, Nank.
  • Sholl no longer a whipping boy, and having a cracking season

Just need to get Murphy out, have a fit Pedlar, and find a way to rotate Dowling, Cook, Ryan, Edwards through there.

Murphy, Gollant and Berry should/would be the most at risk in this side.

I'm backing in 007 as long as he keeps doing a lockdown job on the smalls. Tonight - Rioli goalless please.

Yep, I attribute that to the below;
  • Smith and Jones out of favour
  • No Ned
  • Finally having Murray, Rankine and Thilthorpe all in the same team,
  • Playing all of Curtin, Taylor, Nank.
  • Sholl no longer a whipping boy, and having a cracking season

Just need to get Murphy out, have a fit Pedlar, and find a way to rotate Dowling, Cook, Ryan, Edwards through there.

Murphy, Gollant and Berry should/would be the most at risk in this side.

I'm backing in 007 as long as he keeps doing a lockdown job on the smalls. Tonight - Rioli goalless please.
Finally feels like a new era

Same. In the past we have shut our mouths about the rivalry and left it all up to the “we hate them as part of our DNA” “Professional jealousy” crowd do all the talking. With Tex out just think we might struggle, and that their midfield will be primed to show us up after we have dominated them in the previous meetings. Powa by 23 points.
We haven't dominated their midfield in our last few meetings. We've won anyway.
I think we win if we come anywhere near halving the mid contests. We have better forwards and backs.

Strangely enough, Port are one of the few teams the Laird + Crouch combo works well against.

If we don't revert to the bullshit negative gameplan that we employed at the start of the year and more recently in the second half against Hawthorn, we will win by 30 points.

I hold a slim lead in a tipping comp for a good stash of cash. Sensible thing to do is tip favourites. Head over heart. I can deal with giving up the lead if it means we beat them.
I thought that might be it, cheers, good luck!
Those in the pack behind you will be tipping the Crows to catch up...?

If we can stop the influence of JHF
+
JHF is a genuine concern
Others have posted similarly. Who took care of JHF the last few times we beat them (did he miss a game)?
From memory, Keays ran with him once ...?

They have Butters and Rozee as well, not just the one threat, and we've done them collectively, too.
Like any team, they fold eventually under relentless pressure which the Crows applied intensely last week against the Dogs.
If we bring that pressure again they won't be able to stop our forwards and we should win again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Crows to tease: Showdown 17/08/2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back