Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachlan Gollant isn’t so good when he’s not playing on Sam Skinner.

I thought Bergman played pretty well, and has been one of the big reasons for our improvement in the backline over the past month or so.

He is extremely versatile and has ability to contest against key position players in the air but also has the speed and ability to counter some of the smaller forwards too.

Tonight I felt he popped up frequently when we needed him, and read the play really well.

Between him, Jones and Evans we now seem to have the pace to cover when an opposition team threatens to get out the back, which was lacking earlier in the year.

Oh so what’s up with Jones?

He was subbed off. But Hinkley said it was his achilles. Just soreness that he brought into the game and it cooled down when he went off for the concussion test and he couldn't run properly.

The hard edge was hard too. Not show pony stuff. JHF, Butters, Rozee, Dixon, Drew - when they scrimmaged, there was an old tough 1980s-1990s Port Magpies spirit to them. It was heartening to see. There was a maturity about their physicality. Loved it.

Good call, it was hard at the footy, hard at the man with the footy stuff. Not the cheap shots of knee drops and swinging elbows from the scions of the Bays.

It was all outed tonight.

When Dan Houston came to the bench after the bump. He sat down on the bench and they handed him the phone.

It was the guys up in the box talking to Dan in the aftermath, not Daddy Dumbnuts who was sitting on the bench alongside Dan.
1000025776.jpg
100%. Every game I've been to this is the scene at half time. Pic tonight.

Anyone bother to watch Ken's presser?

Would be nice here for once if he backed Houston and said it was a fair hit even if he was blatantly lying

He was very good. Said he hoped Izak was alright but fully backed Houston as a player who plays the right way and was caught in a split second decision. Butters said the same and commented how the players wrapped their arms around him because it was a difficult moment for him too.

It was all outed tonight.

When Dan Houston came to the bench after the bump. He sat down on the bench and they handed him the phone.

It was the guys up in the box talking to Dan in the aftermath, not Daddy Dumbnuts who was sitting on the bench alongside Dan.
Just because it wasn't shown on TV, doesnt mean Ken didnt talk to him..

He was very good. Said he hoped Izak was alright but fully backed Houston as a player who plays the right way and was caught in a split second decision. Butters said the same and commented how the players wrapped their arms around him because it was a difficult moment for him too.
I had a look at Nicks presser also.
They asked him a lot about what was said during the week and did he think that fired up Port.
He did say the game was more hotter than usual but ducked the line of questioning.
I sort of got the feel from watching him he wasn’t 100% in favor of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was great to see Jay Schulz kick the opening goal. He seemed rapt to be back in front of Port fans and we were all pleased to see him.

I had a look at Nicks presser also.
They asked him a lot about what was said during the week and did he think that fired up Port.
He did say the game was more hotter than usual but ducked the line of questioning.
I sort of got the feel from watching him he wasn’t 100% in favor of it.
He should be embarrassed.

Well it was about time. We need to see it backed up in finals aey

Bwahahaha can't find anything positive to say can you crowie? Every silver lining has a cloud.

Surprised you even showed up.

Obviously haven't seen what I've posted tonight after the game I guess.
Is my statement wrong re Butters?

You have no sense of humour.

Obviously haven't seen what I've posted tonight after the game I guess.
Is my statement wrong re Butters?
Great ****ing win but Crows are bottom 4 , we've got some challenging games to come

Why not just enjoy what was a great performance? And check Butter's stats from finals, he has been far from being our biggest problem.

Crows might be bottom 4, but as many pointed out coming into the game their form line the past 6 weeks apart from the Hawthorn blowout has been sound.

And our record against them has not been good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back