Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

BZT was horrendous tonight, let's be honest.

Although he has been solid since Rat went forward. But tonight, no way.

Really? He beat Flogarty who a lot of people thought could be a match winner, while getting some handy touches himself. A couple of errors, but generally did the job we wanted.

Even though Narkle was not that great tonight but he seems to do something right which helps us to be on top of the game .

Really? He beat Flogarty who a lot of people thought could be a match winner, while getting some handy touches himself. A couple of errors, but generally did the job we wanted.

Nah. He was a mess tonight and we got lucky the Crows forward line was worse.
Fumbly, dropping marks, giving away unnecessary frees.

Like I said, he has been better in the last two months, but tonight he was not.

Why? If you get worked up so much that you want to see people knocked out, don’t watch sport.
Is talk shit, get hit, not a common idiom?

**** around and find out?

If you're so aghast that a bit of tribalism still exists in sport, can I steer you toward the big bash cricket for your sensibilities?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

This past month has been the most un-Ken Hinkley Port Adelaide that I have ever seen. We win from behind, we win tough contested finals-worthy matches, we overcome appalling umpiring, we run over the top of teams in the last quarter.

We took all the cheap shots the crows like to hand out in a game and invariably get away with and gave it back to them with interest. I'm sorry Houston's season is over, it was more an error of judgement than anything, but it did flick the switch on the match.

The atmosphere was an absolute cauldron from that point on and the crows melted. If not for a couple of speculative pot shots in the last quarter they would have been lucky to kick a goal in the second half.

Finals will be the real test, but you can't fault the way we played this past month. And this game, the crows threw everything at us, we took it, gave it back and ran over the top of them. Like a tank over Mr Bean's mini.

Zak Butters played a game for the ages, but the other two amigos were right in it. And Sweet was huge, he more than matched O'Brien, even after a couple of times when he looked like he copped an injury.

I wonder if the MRO will look at the knee Crouch dropped on Sweet or the elbow he swung at Boak's head in the melee?
Conceding 2.4 in a half against the Crows, is a huge effort.

That ruthlessness in our defence has just come on in leaps and bounds. We're just not conceding the goals we have in the past.

Worried about what no Houston looks like for us, but really surprised by the way we've played in the last few weeks and honestly shocked that we've been able to turn it around like this.

Nah. He was a mess tonight and we got lucky the Crows forward line was worse.
Fumbly, dropping marks, giving away unnecessary frees.

Like I said, he has been better in the last two months, but tonight he was not.

He absolutely wasn't a mess, he beat one of the form forwards of the comp. He gave away 2 frees, one was that awful attempted baulk in the centre and then recovered the ball later with a strong mark.

But I guess we agree to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was all outed tonight.

When Dan Houston came to the bench after the bump. He sat down on the bench and they handed him the phone.

It was the guys up in the box talking to Dan in the aftermath, not Daddy Dumbnuts who was sitting on the bench alongside Dan.

He absolutely wasn't a mess, he beat one of the form forwards of the comp. He gave away 2 frees, one was that awful attempted baulk in the centre and then recovered the ball later with a strong mark.

But I guess we agree to disagree.

Haha.

I was already pre-empting my reply with "We'll have to agree to disagree."

Conceding 2.4 in a half against the Crows, is a huge effort.

That ruthlessness in our defence has just come on in leaps and bounds. We're just not conceding the goals we have in the past.

Worried about what no Houston looks like for us, but really surprised by the way we've played in the last few weeks and honestly shocked that we've been able to turn it around like this.

We don't get chopped up on the Joe the Gooses any more. I think we've tweaked the game plan, relaxed the high press while still applying forward pressure, but give ourselves more coverage across the ground and stop the unbroken chains of possessions from a D50 turnover.

The crows looked noticeably hesitant trying to rebound from defence most of the night. And they were really fumbly in the back half, if not for the umpire's frequent interventions in the first 3 quarters I think we would have cracked them much sooner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back