Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sad that Dan has played his last game for Port. Will be 5 or more.

A bit of old fashioned Port footy tonight. It was a hostile environment for the Visitors. A few of my Crow mates frothing at the mouth when Dan took out Rankine. There was a real hard edge tonight and I hope it continues into the finals.
He didn’t hit him in the head. He was knocked out when his head hit the ground. Does that make a difference.

Haha.

I was already pre-empting my reply with "We'll have to agree to disagree."

Anyway, it's all about enjoying a great win.

We can agree that we live in blessed times to have Zak Butters, Connor Rozee and Jason Horne-Francis in the same team - in whatever order you prefer ;)

Definitely in for Burton, well should be.

Nah, with Houston and Jones out, Burton has to go back in defence. He looked much more at home there in the second half.

Healy and Ricciuto commentating absolute ****ing joke
That old man Healy was the most pro-Crows commentator out there when we had the Crows Director of Football in the same commentary booth tells you just how fecked AFL TV commentating is in 2024.

This past month has been the most un-Ken Hinkley Port Adelaide that I have ever seen. We win from behind, we win tough contested finals-worthy matches, we overcome appalling umpiring, we run over the top of teams in the last quarter.

We took all the cheap shots the crows like to hand out in a game and invariably get away with and gave it back to them with interest. I'm sorry Houston's season is over, it was more an error of judgement than anything, but it did flick the switch on the match.

The atmosphere was an absolute cauldron from that point on and the crows melted. If not for a couple of speculative pot shots in the last quarter they would have been lucky to kick a goal in the second half.

Finals will be the real test, but you can't fault the way we played this past month. And this game, the crows threw everything at us, we took it, gave it back and ran over the top of them. Like a tank over Mr Bean's mini.

Zak Butters played a game for the ages, but the other two amigos were right in it. And Sweet was huge, he more than matched O'Brien, even after a couple of times when he looked like he copped an injury.

I wonder if the MRO will look at the knee Crouch dropped on Sweet or the elbow he swung at Boak's head in the melee?
After tonight I’m
Not sure who is the biggest w***er at the crows..
Rachele vs thilthorpe vs crouch vs fogger dogger vs tex.. chuck in Berry as well

Maybe a bit of humility boys.. ya Carry on like dickheads

Just wanna say as well, Ray was easily the best umpire tonight.

For all the shit he cops he's probably the first guy I'd choose to umpire a port game.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
He was the best of the 4 of them but he was far from perfect in the first half.

Stevic and #6 Johannson I think is his name were less competent than Raygun at breaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, we don't respect them because they're a shit club with no history that's won lass than 33% of their games over the last 5 years. Their dickhead players like old s**tstain Keays and footsteps Rachelle, just add some extra cream.
No history? I've been told by cow supporters they have been around since 1860 have I been misinformed?

Sent from my SM-A556E using Tapatalk

I'm sad that Dan has played his last game for Port. Will be 5 or more.

A bit of old fashioned Port footy tonight. It was a hostile environment for the Visitors. A few of my Crow mates frothing at the mouth when Dan took out Rankine. There was a real hard edge tonight and I hope it continues into the finals.
The hard edge was hard too. Not show pony stuff. JHF, Butters, Rozee, Dixon, Drew - when they scrimmaged, there was an old tough 1980s-1990s Port Magpies spirit to them. It was heartening to see. There was a maturity about their physicality. Loved it.

Dans bump in the old days would have been rated perfect.
Kept his arm in, no elbows flying and protected himself.
10/10.
2024 string him up it will teach him a lesson.
Yep, it was a textbook shirt-front that would've been lauded not that long ago.

Now we have Ricciuto saying Houston will be on holidays until sometime next season

My heart bleeds for David King.

That narrow eyed fecker is going to be forced to name Port as being a likely top 4 contender this year.

Hope he gags on it.
Nah, we’ll still be outside the seedings because King rates Houston so highly even if he wants him out for 8.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Showdown 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back