• No

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

done the lord of the rings GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The nightmare is nearly over.
Hopefully we trade & draft well.
No doubt by the time pre season games roll around, most of us will have forgetten how utterly shit we are & the annual predictions of the coming season finally being our year to rise from the ashes will fill BigFooty.
Pre-season training reports having all our youngsters in career best nick & ready to have the famed ‘breakout year’ will be salivated over.
Then, like clockwork, the season begins & reality sets in that we are still shit & another year of pain & misery is a forgone conclusion.
In saying that, I’m almost nearly maybe certain that 2025 will be the year we begin to rise… sneaky top 8 chance even!?

24/25 rounds do feel awfully long when your team is sitting near the bottom and those first three months felt like an eternity, but for about two months after the bye it did feel like the sun was starting to shine again. Injuries and the length of season has meant seen our young squad run out of steam, but I do feel optimistic about 2025 and can't wait for our 101st season to start.

happy to close the blinds on season 2024; zero teams I’d be happy to barrack for in the finals this year, and then a god awful sporting lull until Aus vs Pakistan test series (meh).

Thank god we have Tests against India from November. Something decent to looks forward to.

Yes I'm happy to see the end of the season. For a short time in a galaxy far far away we seemed like a decent side once again. Alas it was short lived. I hope we put in a solid performance tomorrow, can't see that team on paper getting up. I hope that run of competitive and exciting footy happens from round one in 2025. As a supporter I don't think I could relive the shiteness we put out there earlier in the season. I'm praying a couple of quality senior players want to get on the ride up the ladder with us in 2025.

I feel as cooked after this season as much of the playing group appeared last weekend and I eagerly await the return to a close to fully fit playing list in the preseason.

I’m optimistic for 2025 and beyond.

Hoping like hell we can draft and trade for players who complement our young developing list in the coming months first and foremost.

The peek into what we can develop into when we were 51 pts up on the Pies was bloody exciting and seeing my own kids so pumped in the crowd capped it off.

Totally over being also rans!

I think most passionate North fans are pretty well fried, so a break is welcome. Come next weekend though, I'll probably lament there being no game.

But now I can focus on Sheffield Wednesday doing their best North impersonation and finding all sorts of ways to lose as they fight to avoid relegation from the championship again.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s nearly over!

Back