Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

We have corrupt management and inept leadership.

It was the only way this was ever going to turn out
Corrupt Management .....so you're saying there's illegal activity going on 🤣

Yep

Why would the kid want to be subjected to this sort of scrutiny and attention?

This will sit with him a long time. I know Friday's presser was all warm fuzzies but I wonder if that glow will last to trade week
So you don't believe what Rachele said in his presser ? ......there's zero reason to not believe, unless you have evidence to support your claim

So you don't believe what Rachele said in his presser ? ......there's zero reason to not believe, unless you have evidence to support your claim
How could any evidence exist?

Not a wild leap to think it might not be much fun being in Josh's shoes at the moment

How could any evidence exist?

Not a wild leap to think it might not be much fun being in Josh's shoes at the moment
Seems a lot of posters are trying to outdo each other with how far they can leap

Also, the media I've seen are being very reasonable. They seem to have had prior knowledge of the factors leading to the Rachele axing and have not criticised that aspect. Not so for our coach and leadership group utterances, though, rightly.

Last edited:
I actually ****n hope he asks for a trade.

And we get **** all for him.

And curtin asks too.

This shit club deserves nothing less.

Blow the entire place up. Reduce it to ashes.
And.. Not even sure if that happened.. that it would even be worth rebuilding.

A stain on the whole state of South Australia.
And this says everything about you as a supposed supporter

These comments ....posters wanting us to lose by 20 goals ....posters lambasting our Capt, who has busted a gut for this Club .....just shows how many are simply fairweather supporters

Frankly this is disgusting .....and no, there's zero difference between Port and Crows supporters ....never think otherwise

And this says everything about you as a supposed supporter

These comments ....posters wanting us to lose by 20 goals ....posters lambasting our Capt, who has busted a gut for this Club .....just shows how many are simply fairweather supporters

Frankly this is disgusting .....and no, there's zero difference between Port and Crows supporters ....never think otherwise
The reason people want us to lose by 20 goals is that people want to see change. They want no more of the current regime - which is fair enough, when the evidence is laid out. The only way change might happen is through extreme occurrences

I’d never hope any of our players ask for a trade, I want the club to be successful, it’s just that with those currently in coaching/admin roles success might be impossible

It'd be nice if you knew the meaning of the word before you retort

Do I think they are dishonest in their dealings..yep I do.
What have they been dishonest about ....and please, no fairytales

It'd be nice if you knew the meaning of the word before you retort

Do I think they are dishonest in their dealings..yep I do.
Oh I knew ....you obviously thought you knew .....you assumed no-one would pull you up

You make it too easy to be right

1724469848769.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy oh boy you fans will be the reason Rachele leaves, not the decision for him to get dropped. Shaking the cage after someone gets dropped after 10 disposals at 40% disposal efficiency. Go back in this thread a month ago and ya’ll were asking for him to be dropped. He finally gets dropped, and apparently it’s a crisis? Talk about a beat up.

The club has backed him in all season, when he had some real ugly moments that have cost us games. He has publicly come out and demanded midfield minutes but continues to shirk contests. He has finally been dropped (maybe a bit too late) for a dead rubber in Sydney against the top team and you’re all ripping up your memberships?

I enjoyed the banter during the week, and had a chuckle at the celebration, but there is a certain expectation that if you put the spotlight on yourself, particularly for an away game, that you back it up. Josh did not do that. Chad Cornes (hate him) would at least make his comments, but then destroy us most showdowns.

Port have been the ones recently making comments prior to showdowns, their whole ‘crows are entitled’ script, and it didn’t work for them. Josh gave Port a reason to be fired up, and the fans backed them up.

All this ‘he has no choice but to ask for a trade now’ talk is crap. How many games do you think Tex, Bernie Vince would’ve played for the club if they asked for a trade every time they got told off? We will actually learn a lot about Josh in the next 6 months. This could be a turning point and he might knuckle down big time. If he asks for a trade? Well, then he can’t have been that invested in the first place.

The only issue I have with how this was handled was Rory Laird’s comments on radio. His football hasn’t done the talking in years now, so he has no place to make those comments.

Josh has all the makings of a star, but still has so so so many things in his game he needs to iron out, and I think him focusing on those deficiency’s rather than poking the bear will hold him and the club in better stead going forward.

Look forward to all you campaigners disagreeing with me :)
man for someone who has posted 5 times in over 10 years all i can say is...please post more often. very insightful and well expressed post. agree 100%

I like Dawson, but I think there are signs he's Captain due to being a "company man" who won't rock the boat, and will fall in behind Nicks.

He's strike me as a nice guy who leads by example - but not a strong leader who demands accountability.
Kingy, with respect, isnt dropping someone (or condoning it) for lack of team value 'buy in' being a strong leader - not taking the easier option of a soft reprimand or saying nothing - and ultimately trying to get the players totally accountable to their core values. From what the club has said this has been building for mths. Many posters on here were writing Josh off a few mths ago and now bagging the club for dropping him (assuming it has been for not buying into the 'team first' mentality which is crucial IMO). I do agree the 'PR' side of things is quite poor and ideally it was done BEFORE the last game of the year. Perhaps it sits in Joshs psyche all post season and he comes back better than ever. And perhaps not. Time will tell and it will be a fascinating watch - even including his motivation in todays SANFL game

Agree, for sure he does - more than the average player. Less talented players put their body on the line all the time, to a reckless level because they are desperate to maintain selection.

The modern (brain-aware) contest is a craft of decision quality and creativity… he’s a 21 year old that definitely DOES go, maybe just not enough for some hardmen at home. 😅

I reckon Sholl is a good example of someone who has more toughness deficiencies than Rash, who has learned to manage it better than he has historically. I was a huge critic… he’s come a long way.
Sholl isn't soft he's just weak.

Cmon he is contracted for 5 years and has always said he loves the club. Lives with best mates and has a steady GF in ADL. How soft as a society, team or individual (or BF forum) that one worthless game being dropped for - for issues lasting many mths from the sounds of it inc him being soft with the hard ball - that he will spit the dummy after one instance and go home crying to Mummy.

Let’s watch his form next year and see if it’s the kick up the butt he needed after a mediocre season.

The problem is the consistency of selection choices.

Some have to play to a higher standard than others.

Nicks has is favourites and it is no coincidence that No 4 has not been dropped in the last 4 years - how many goals has he kicked over 4 years - 37 goals. Josh has kicked 30 in one season and 70 over his three seasons whilst No 4 has kicked 75 over 7 years. It ain’t hard to work out.

Possibly, can’t be bothered checking, but Neeld seemed completely out of his depth from day one and lost the players almost immediately from memory. For all his faults, Nicks and the team had shown textbook linear improvement cumulating in being the highest scoring team (first time a non 8 team for decades) in 2023 playing a very attractive game style and seemed capable of beating ANY team on any day (our record against top 4 teams overall was very good - I think best in the competition).

Now this year it’s turned to shit - I am not seeing many argue with this fact

My view is that the ‘very attractive game style’ happens in spite of Nicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Rachele - Sent To The Gulag!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back