Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done ROB.

Sorry though GreyCrow - I can't tell whether he's wearing shorts or trackpants

shorts - can see the bottom of them just in the last couple of pixels! :D

Is it time to rename this The Full Lindy Board? Some of the posts, remarks, accusations, bottom feeding takes and Full Lindy melts are pretty embarrassing.

Ironic coming from you, it's the Adelaide Crows board and you couldn't give 2 craps about them. Except how the club impacts your beloved SANFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thommo makes SA HoF

I feel a bit bad, sometimes forget how talented some these guys were in their prime

It's just depressing that footage from 2000s/2010s now looks as if it was shot in 1970s (relative to what I historically considered to be 'the olden days').

Last edited:
This was posted on ESPN in regard to Brisbane winning the flag -

“Outside the two COVID interrupted years of 2020 and 2021, where hubs were used for finals and the majority of sides contesting them were from interstate, no team has won three finals away from home since the Crows in 1998, much less three of them in succession”

An achievement that I feel has never truly been appreciated.

Sadly, it was the last time we won a flag.

Mitch McGovern on the backchat podcast said some interesting things.

Felt that his hamstring injury at training leading up to the prelim in 2017 was avoidable and part of why he left. Said that he flagged with staff hamstring tightness several times and they pushed him to keep training which led to the injury. Seemed shattered to miss out on the prelim and grand final.

Was one of my favourites to watch as a crow, weird springy leap and the ball would seem to just stick to his hands like there was glue on them at times in marking contests.

Felt that his hamstring injury at training leading up to the prelim in 2017 was avoidable and part of why he left. Said that he flagged with staff hamstring tightness several times and they pushed him to keep training which led to the injury. Seemed shattered to miss out on the prelim and grand final.

Was one of my favourites to watch as a crow, weird springy leap and the ball would seem to just stick to his hands like there was glue on them at times in marking contests.
That fills in a blank

There was talk at the time of some angst towards the club about missing the grand final. I assumed it was that he thought he was right to play but the club didn't.

This clears that up. The whispers had a grain of truth but this makes more sense and explains why he was receptive to a move after so recently signing a contract extension.

Our head of fitness at the time was Matt Hass, a mate of Brett Burton who Burton promoted into that role just weeks into the job after Burton was himself promoted to head of football

the only slight dent against mcgovern was he was a renowned lazy trainer so maybe he needed pushing and then he went to the bottom club on top dollar when he could have picked probably any other club to go to with a better chance of success, a bit like Charlie Cameron it was probably about the money for him. still to lose all those young players was rotten management

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back