Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

We swing both ways.
We have a big bottle that we leave in the pantry and top up the smaller bottle in the fridge.

I call it hedging our bets.
:thumbsu:

Aussie brand MasterFoods ‘finally’ ends age-old tomato sauce myth​

Ross Mail, head of Research & Development for MasterFoods, said there’s only one place in our homes that the iconic red bottles of sauce belong.

“I started working on the recipes for MasterFoods products over 15 years ago, and like to pride myself on knowing a thing or two about sauce,” he said.

“As Australia’s favourite tomato sauce, we can finally settle the debate. MasterFoods will always recommend keeping it in the fridge.

“This helps to keep its quality so that it tastes and looks fresher for longer. The colder temperature will also help slow down the ageing process, keeping it brighter red in colour and a strong tomato flavour.”

“However, once you’ve cracked open a new bottle and exposed it to air it will age more quickly – turning dark brown and not being as tomatoey – and could spoil over time if it’s not stored in the fridge. Always check the best before date.”

:thumbsu:

Aussie brand MasterFoods ‘finally’ ends age-old tomato sauce myth​

Ross Mail, head of Research & Development for MasterFoods, said there’s only one place in our homes that the iconic red bottles of sauce belong.

“I started working on the recipes for MasterFoods products over 15 years ago, and like to pride myself on knowing a thing or two about sauce,” he said.

“As Australia’s favourite tomato sauce, we can finally settle the debate. MasterFoods will always recommend keeping it in the fridge.

“This helps to keep its quality so that it tastes and looks fresher for longer. The colder temperature will also help slow down the ageing process, keeping it brighter red in colour and a strong tomato flavour.”

“However, once you’ve cracked open a new bottle and exposed it to air it will age more quickly – turning dark brown and not being as tomatoey – and could spoil over time if it’s not stored in the fridge. Always check the best before date.”

Phooey

This quote from a US college basketball coach (Jamy Bechler) made me think of the folly of our camp. Even if the camp didn't suck balls, the concept was low grade, flawed thinking about how to build mental strength.

20240816_084244.jpg

Seems like another one for the good guys .....last year StonesThrow belittled me for suggesting GEEL would miss the Finals

This year, re COLL not making the Finals

My count is .....good guys 2 - 0

Apparently injuries are a thing with COLL with an ultra mature team .....but cannot be used for the very young Crows

1724129115494.png

This is a parody post

Oh Wayne, Collingwood not a good example, equal fourth just out on percentage after starting the season in party mode….

1724128654396.png

Seems like another one for the good guys .....last year StonesThrow belittled me for suggesting GEEL would miss the Finals

Apparently injuries are a thing with COLL with an ultra mature team .....but cannot be used for the very young Crows

View attachment 2085565

View attachment 2085554
But you’re a nicks supporter (I’m assuming you have been each year)
So that’s now 2-5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 2085565

View attachment 2085554

Just for reference - up to R21, Collingwood had lost 170 games via injury (3 worst), we lost only 128 games (11th worst).

Yeh, they won a flag therefore restricted preseason and got off to a poor start but recovered to still press for the 8.

Us on the other hand, didn’t play finals in 2023, had bugger all injuries to start the year and started 0-4. We only introduced youngsters once season was done.

If you hadn’t notice we are sitting 15th.

Yeh, they won a flag therefore restricted preseason and got off to a poor start but recovered to still press for the 8.

Us on the other hand, didn’t play finals in 2023, had bugger all injuries to start the year and started 0-4. We only introduced youngsters once season was done.
That wasn't the point .....you do know there are 23 games in a season

One of the youngest lists already ....certainly one of the least experienced ....and you've still got your knickers in a knot, for not playing more kids ?

laughing3.gif

kirky wants to play Finals .....but he would rather play kids, who lose you games ....and then criticise the Club for losing .....the logic is outstanding

That wasn't the point .....you do know there are 23 games in a season

One of the youngest lists already ....certainly one of the least experienced ....and you've still got your knickers in a knot, for not playing more kids ?

View attachment 2085584

kirky wants to play Finals .....but he would rather play kids, who lose you games ....and then criticise the Club for losing .....the logic is outstanding

Trying to be a smart arse, those are stats from FoxFooty which would even be worse now given we were at full strength on Saturday night.

I’m more than happy for kids rather than spuds like Murphy, McHenry and Smith etc.

Who knows what would have happened if Nicks started to play them earlier in the season rather than Round 13 onwards.

As someone pointed out, kids actually don’t cost you games if you have sufficient experience around them and we did have enough.

Reckon we are going to have the same situation in 2025. We will continue to lose close games like we have for the past 3 years.

Trying to be a smart arse, those are stats from FoxFooty which would even be worse now given we were at full strength on Saturday night.
No, just stating facts ....you overlook that playing kids loses games ....that's just an indisputable fact

It's why rebuild sides cop losses .....most stay in the game the first half, then get run over in the 2nd half

Young players tire physically ....but the biggest impact is mentally tiring, where they don't in positions the gameplan requires

So you want to play kids when they're not ready ....lose, and then blame the Coach

I don't think I'm misrepresenting your POV at all

The BULLDOGS played Riley Sanders the first 4 games, the next two as sub.....highly rated MID .....so why was he dropped effectively after 4 games ?
It wasn't fitness in Riley's case

No, just stating facts ....you overlook that playing kids loses games ....that's just an indisputable fact

It's why rebuild sides cop losses .....most stay in the game the first half, then get run over in the 2nd half

Young players tire physically ....but the biggest impact is mentally tiring, where they don't in positions the gameplan requires

So you want to play kids when they're not ready ....lose, and then blame the Coach

I don't think I'm misrepresenting your POV at all

The BULLDOGS played Riley Sanders the first 4 games, the next two as sub.....highly rated MID .....so why was he dropped effectively after 4 games ?
It wasn't fitness in Riley's case

Please do elaborate which youngsters (other than Curtin for a half in both his games) did we play in the first 12 games?

We didn’t have any kids playing when we went 4-7-1 in the first 12 rounds. Dowling came in Round 13. Taylor and Bond later.

This is going to be good.

Please do elaborate which youngsters (other than Curtin for a half in both his games) did we play in the first 12 games?

This is going to be good.
Youngsters under 30 games experience ....not hard to work out, but I'll let you try and research it ....always time for a first Kirky

Youngsters are 20 and under. Try again.
Put the reading glasses on .....I said games not age

And I disagree with the age factor .....I classify Keane as young in experience .....making rookie mistakes

Again, you're not prepared to put in any effort to your posts ....

Youngsters under 30 games experience ....not hard to work out, but I'll let you try and research it ....always time for a first Kirky

The problem with you defending Nicks on the basis of us having lots of players under 30 games is that many of these players have limited experience BECAUSE of Nicks.

Curtin has played 5 games out of 22.
Taylor had to wait until his 3rd year to play and only played because of a late out.
Worrell is 23 and has only played 29 games.
Dowling was dropped after one bad game after performing strongly since his debut, went back and had 22 and 2 and still couldn’t get picked.

Compare that to the players who have had games pumped in to them.

Put the reading glasses on .....I said games not age

And I disagree with the age factor .....I classify Keane as young in experience .....making rookie mistakes

Again, you're not prepared to put in any effort to your posts ....

Yes, I know what you typed and I disagree and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

An aged/mature player like Keane can have other attributes like fitness which covers the tiring issue you stated that can occur with youngsters. And Keane has been in system for 4 years.

Need to check what you type.

The problem with you defending Nicks on the basis of us having lots of players under 30 games is that many of these players have limited experience BECAUSE of Nicks.

Taylor had to wait until his 3rd year to play and only played because of a late out.
Dowling was dropped after one bad game after performing strongly since his debut, went back and had 22 and 2 and still couldn’t get picked.

So you associate no blame on young players ..... are you saying we should only draft players who have the physical and emotional maturity to play straight away

You're going to end up with a lot of man-childs .....and miss out on a lot of late bloomers, like Cook

Don't you listen to player interviews ? .....Worrell said himself he wasn't professional enough in standards to play before he did ......but now it's Nicks fault ....cmon

Taylor, even this PS was lagging last in the runs ....and you want him to suddenly play AFL midfield

Lets stay is some sort of reality here

BINGO!

Yet we gave games to McSpudly, Smith and we are still doing it with Murphy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back