Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spoke to someone high up at the Club. Ironically they called me to have a chat which was a surprise given I thought they'd want no part of dissecting tonight's abomination.

I'm not going to use the same words this individual said to me because it definitely wasn't PG rated, but the sentiment shared by the Club's supporter base in this thread is echoed by the high level decision makers.

He's likely 1 week away from being done as our Club's coach.
Did you mean 1 day?

Just spoke to someone high up at the Club. Ironically they called me to have a chat which was a surprise given I thought they'd want no part of dissecting tonight's abomination.

I'm not going to use the same words this individual said to me because it definitely wasn't PG rated, but the sentiment shared by the Club's supporter base in this thread is echoed by the high level decision makers.

1725543673642.png

Carr sat back and let the disjointed mess happen at half time when everyone was sparse in the review room. Carr oversaw the midfield that got annihilated tonight.

Please can we ****ing not appoint anyone who has been part of this ****ery.

Lets be honest they will be giving tickets away next week to get 20k
Will get the other 10k from Hawks supporters will come by the boatload smelling blood

Not here to troll, legit question. Is Rozee’s captaincy a Hinkley special? I know there’s a lot of talk he has his favourites, and Rozee seemed (and still seems) too young and not ready to be captain. I’d have thought Houston.
It is indeed. Just watch his draft video; it shows that his appointment has Hinkley's fingerprints all over it!

Carr sat back and let the disjointed mess happen at half time when everyone was sparse in the review room. Carr oversaw the midfield that got annihilated tonight.

Please can we ****ing not appoint anyone who has been part of this ****ery.
Yep a handover to the bloke who let what should be the best midfield in the competition get their pants pulled down by 2024 Geelong is not the answer.

Still at least he's not Hinkley

If a child was born in 2012 they would be just about to start higher school learning.
In those years of growing up they would have learned to.
1. Walk
2. Talk
3. Read
4. Write
Yet after all those years we have a coach that can’t even finals football.
My youngest, who is 11, has never known another Port coach in her life.

Not here to troll, legit question. Is Rozee’s captaincy a Hinkley special? I know there’s a lot of talk he has his favourites, and Rozee seemed (and still seems) too young and not ready to be captain. I’d have thought Houston.
Just a safe choice. Coming off an AA year, good looking local boy that just signed a big contract (length and salary).

Uninspiring choice and yet to stand up and put the team on his back when it matters.

Also low key looking like Skeletor rn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lin Manuel Miranda Love GIF by Tony Awards

standing ovation oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Your historical standing is in one ****ing state. You’ve literally been in this comp for 27 years and were in such significant debt that the afl had to step in.

Don’t blame an afl controlled board on the pea hearted efforts of your onfield leaders.
Actually wait I missed the crux of what I wanted to say. I’m sure you’ve heard the saying “the fish rots from the head”. Our board isn’t answerable to the members who pay their hard earned money to support the club. There’s no reason to appease us because they don’t need to rely on our votes. Therefore there’s no reason to make the big calls.
Then it flows down to the coach, the urgency isn’t on him because the board have no reason to take action on the issue. This same coach has been the only head coach most players on our list have played under at AFL level. You don’t reckon that rot that started with an AFL elected board has seeped down to the on field leaders who you’ve admitted are poor in these situations? You just saw it!
It’s so easy to say “you can’t blame the fact you have an AFL elected board” when you quite literally don’t have to experience what supporting a team in that situation is like and knowing there’s no reason to have hope in your club for your entire lifetime.
Or maybe you do know what that’s like being a North fan, but then I have to ask, where’s the ****ing empathy?

Last edited:
I come in peace.

Genuine question, but is there any danger of Kochie shutting his mouth before a ball has even been bounced in the finals series? He sets himself and the club up for failure every year.

It’s honestly like the words of reassurance and positivity are to compensate for his actual feelings of fear of what might happen.
Ken’s got a knack for doing this too, we all remember the “July’s a good time to be ranked number one” comment last year regarding Collingwood. The two of them have this weird arrogance for a couple of hacks who’ve achieved nothing in their time, and maybe it’s because too much of our fanbase believes they did a lot.
For reference they had no part in the one club merger, jumper rebrand or the move to Adelaide Oval, nor the drafting of culture setters like Boak and Trengove.

Would there actually be any risk to sacking him now?

Sacking a coach during a final is unheard of and would be entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back