Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that level of uncompetitiveness evident in his U18 year? Maybe he's just struggling to fit in there a bit mentally?
All I know is he's a bloody long way away from AFL ready at this point.

I'm more in the school of thought you don't use 1st round picks on slow developing ruckmen, Dodson is already reasonably well developed physically so he might not take as long but I guess it gets down to how much you value a ruckman as part of your team. A lot of the better rucks have come from later picks even the rookie draft.

I quite like Flynn Penry who will either go late or rookie or maybe go undrafted this year but I'd be reasonably confident he'll be on an AFL list down the track if he chooses to go to the State Leagues and not back to his hometown team the Cobden Bombers.

He absolutely does not. Got told this from someone inside clubland that would know, Twomey calls all clubs frequently trying to get info on drafting/trades, to the point it happens so often (and is just plain annoying) that they usually ignore him.
It has been speculated, Twomey's strengths are not his footy knowledge, or talent ID .....rather, he's supposedly a very good networker

Just do whatever a competent club would do

Teams trade up. It's not some weird suicide mission we'd be embarking on. We wouldn't be the only club in history to have traded up.
Can you name the teams that have traded up in the last five years?

What will suck is if Port get North's future 1st for Houston so are in a great position to get Dyson next draft.

God why can't we push out Laird to a club who needs experience.

Because we are the nice guys - we reward our players with years of contracts even when the evidence shows they are falling away.

We can’t be ruthless thats nasty. Better to be seen as lovely people than have success.

Other than Bernie have we ever traded a favoured son?

Fair chance we could trade back in come draft night. Can't plan this far ahead
This is more the case. Clubs have an eye on a player, and if they are still on the board or slide to a club that they know they can trade with, that's when they'll go for it.

No point trading now for pick 20 to have Dodson taken at 19 for example.

Because we are the nice guys - we reward our players with years of contracts even when the evidence shows they are falling away.

We can’t be ruthless thats nasty. Better to be seen as lovely people than have success.

Other than Bernie have we ever traded a favoured son?
Kane Johnson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But at what level? Not trading up from 33 to 25, but into the first round?
Those were all first round trade ups to secure the following players:

Curtin
Cadman
Weddle
Sinn

North Melbourne and WCE got involved in that Cadman one, which saw WCE split their pick 2 and JHF end up at Port.

Those were all first round trade ups to secure the following players:

Curtin
Cadman
Weddle
Sinn

North Melbourne and WCE got involved in that Cadman one, which saw WCE split their pick 2 and JHF end up at Port.
So not huge amounts... but it does happen.

if saints get soldo why not throw a huge offer at rowan marshall

what about
marshall, phillipou for F1, Butts, ROB

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back