Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope our boys are watching this with renewed hunger for next year.
Mad whatever day it was is over.

I'm sure they have the hunger - we just haven't quite got the foot soldiers to satisfy the thirst.

We've lost Hawkins and Tuohy, and the remaining elders will fall back just that little more next year.

We're allegedly adding Smith, but will still need to see a marked improvement in our midfield performance to take the next step.

I hope what we have thrown away burns our players for a long time as some of them might never get another flag. Hopefully next year we atone.
Stop dismissing and disrespecting the Lions. You have called them a joke all year. You said we were going to smash them, then Swans would have the game sewn up at half time against them.

I picked them weeks ago as flag favourite, you kept saying they would be easy kill in finals based on their record. We were too before 2022. Facts are they were better than us when it mattered, and in general.

You were wrong.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure they have the hunger - we just haven't quite got the foot soldiers to satisfy the thirst.

We've lost Hawkins and Tuohy, and the remaining elders will fall back just that little more next year.

We're allegedly adding Smith, but will still need to see a marked improvement in our midfield performance to take the next step.
True that.
That Lions list should be great for a while yet, but will need to replace Joe Daniher.

Could not find a decent bet at 1/2 time.

So went lazy and had $400 on Brisbane +40 @1.84

Money is money but geez the options available were crap.

What a turn coat , you came on about 2-3 years back and nearly wrote a thesis statement about the evils and dangers of gambling !!!

Told everyone to never ever punt !!!!

Should have stuck with my season long inkling of Sydney shitting it!

We have had a finals monkey on our back at times but Sydney have a grand final gorilla.

Hard one to shake when it is bloody hard to get to the GF in this first place and everyone will be skeptical of them until they can win one now.

True that.
That Lions list should be great for a while yet, but will need to replace Joe Daniher.

It'll be interesting.

I mean in no way to denigrate Brisbane, even though it's exactly how it's going to sound, but I don't remember a year where it was such a 'Bradbury' event that almost any one could've won.

That says something about the standard of footy this year.

It'll be interesting to see if any teams can play solid, consistent footy that raises the standard next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope what we have thrown away burns our players for a long time as some of them might never get another flag. Hopefully next year we atone.
In think you might need to show a bit of respect to Brisbane- you were adamant they would get smashed today. Just this once, you are not correct. Lions are an awesome team, and what they did to us was the perfect springboard for today, and even had a relative HGA. That they did it from 5th is not a slur, but an incredible effort.

It'll be interesting.

I mean in no way to denigrate Brisbane, even though it's exactly how it's going to sound, but I don't remember a year where it was such a 'Bradbury' event that almost any one could've won.

It'll be interesting to see if any teams can play solid, consistent footy that raises the standard next year.
What I saw Lions do this September was solid consistent pressure finals footy. That's when it counts- that's the narrative is it not?

This is what an "even" year looks like. You get one roughly once every six, seven years - 2024, 2016, 2005, 1997, 1993, 1990.

What I saw Lions do this September was solid consistent pressure finals footy. That's when it counts- that's the narrative is it not?

Do you believe the standard of footy is as good as its ever been?

I don't, but respect if you disagree.

Yes, the Lions played well, but my point was that the footy has been so ordinary at times, with no clear, consistent stand out team that it was really a guess who'd win.

Hell, we were handicapped by covid, gastro, injury, and a straight up poor performance last week and the Lions only just crawled over us.

But, they're the Premiers, and kudos to them.

But I hope footy gets better next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Grand Final - South Melbourne vs Fitzroy, Sat 28 Sept at MCG 2:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back