List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agents of 2025 .... please come ... dont be shy ..... take a look .... take a goooood look

ninjala-ninjala-season6trailer.gif

B: Hoffman - Cole - xxxxx
HB: Nas - xxxxx - xxxxx
C: Wilson - Peckett - xxxxx
HF: Owens - xxxxx - xxxxx
F: Collard - xxxxx - xxxxx
Foll: xxxxx - Windhager - Phillipou
Let me whisper something dirty to you Barrels.

Smillie….Langford….Reid

Need this post to be stickied. Why on earth would we trade a future first (and a current second!) to a club we have over a barrel.

Like the proposed trade ups via Dees/North etc we should be trying to get their F1, not give them ours. A huge trade asset in a year where many clubs will be clamouring for points.

If they want to stay in this draft then I'd ask for 9 + F1 for 7. They would laugh and then I'd offer the GWS special - 8 for 9 + F2 which probably works for both parties.
I tried explaining this pages ago and noone would listen. Completely agree with your approach.

Really? I thought there was a timer or something?

Has it happened before?
picks can be swapped from now until the draft begins, so once trade week finishes, clubs can still trade picks

I tried explaining this pages ago and noone would listen. Completely agree with your approach.
we want pick 7 and 8, the goal isn't to give Essendon our pick, it's to get theirs

OUR F1+ extra for Ess pick 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m so confused, why would dons give us pick 9 for our future first, don’t they still need points this year for their academy player?
Because they'd get a second rounder to use to match for the bid if/when it comes. Like has been mentioned here over and over.

What I'm thinking is why wouldn't they play ball with GWS and get their two teen picks and use one to dump on Kaku and one to use legit?

I’m so confused, why would dons give us pick 9 for our future first, don’t they still need points this year for their academy player?
Because they'd get a second rounder to use to match for the bid if/when it comes. Like has been mentioned here over and over.

What I'm thinking is why wouldn't they play ball with GWS and get their two teen picks and use one to dump on Kaku and one to use legit?

Start at about page 300 and continue on until you arrive back here

We can split 8 with GWS which is better than 9 and bid on 7.

The one sure thing is that Kako will be a Bomber. They will not pass on him
You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

They could trade our F1 which let’s be honest could be 5 - 14 and get a Richmond pick

As I said above, Essendon won't trade back from 9. They'll either trade up ahead of the Kako bid or out of the first round this year.

They would rather bank a future first round pick from a side that is likely to miss the 8 than burn a premium pick like #15 on an academy player

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back