Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that’s the key take away - we are showing respectful indifference.
It’s not about him, we have a plan & are sticking to it.

It’s showing great growth & strength by the club that we aren’t grandstanding.

Massive change by the club, if u want to be destination club u do what works for u, not bleat or harp on about others being “being difficult or unfair” u just do u & do it well.
From the sellers side it’s been played out similarly but as a buyer we aren’t falling for it or responding like we were with Shiel….what a bullet we dodged there 🤦

The report that Houston chose the pies. Leppitsch being a win now list manager with an army of vets who were part of the korean war. Let them play hardball with port, we can pick up advantageous positions around the club's going overboard in this period for once. Instead of being in the thick of the overpaying nonsense.

I am “slightly confused” by the number of people selling our list short and thinking we need to reach for an expensive short term fix which will further compromise our salary cap for the next five years while passing up opportunity to future proof the list to contend for a decade or likely more.

We were “second seed” for much of the season before injury and fatigue “ended” our season. We have 3-5 youngsters (arguably more) developing rapidly to make us a significantly better team from within, without additions.

We also weren’t that impressive.. what we were producing as ‘second seed’ until the mid-point of the season was a long way from what the good teams were producing in the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Twomey seems to be taking joy in hating on us this year. Over the past few months he has been really condescending and laughs at us at every opportunity on gettable. There's a clear attitude shift, I reckon someone's pissed him off at the club.
Don't forget he is an Essendon supporter so he will always have some joy in any demise of our great club.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean, drafted from Wangaratta at 23 two years ago using Pick 48. 9 games, av 11 disposals, under 3 tackles and 0.67 goals per game playing forward.

His value is extremely low, put it that way. He has pace apparently so it's down to an attribute.
I saw him live a couple of times, he’s better than the numbers suggest IMO but value would be limited.

How the **** did Leppitsch become a list manager. Never struck me as exactly a real sharp operator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back