Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Point stands that outside of the Geelong win, we rarely looked like a clinical team that was going to get the job done come the pointy end.

We had a number of unimpressive wins.

It was all very obvious when watching the top teams when they got serious.
This is a revisionist take. I thought we were pretty clinical at times against Port, Richmond the second time, GWS the first time, Melbourne, amongst others. It’s also extremely rare that a team is a clinical every quarter of a game, let alone every game. It’s just doesn’t work that way

I can just see the 'trade analysts' giving Carlton a D already for 'missing' a target we somehow 'committed to'.

So true.

But also, IDGAF how the trade analysts rate our trade period.

As am I... I just don't want to see Houston in Pies colours while we're at it
Happy for Pies to have him, it will be the mail in their coffin.

9 players over 31, 4 will be 34 before next season starts, and they won’t have any decent picks in 2024 or 2025.

Not to mention their second best player under 22 wants out

I’m sure Crippa and Walshy will be rapt with the player selected at pick 12 when Houston was available
Strange post.
Still have to work within a salary cap.
Maybe they both can take 200k less a year if they want to keep adding experienced players? And yes, we all know they have taken less… yada yada yada.

I just don’t understand why people are upset with taking some youth this draft as it looks a great draft. It’s not like Cripps and Co are 34 years old going into their last years. We need more youth and to free up our cap a bit more. There’s a reason we were very ok with letting Kennedy, Young and Owies walk. We really want their remaining salaries cleared

Happy for Pies to have him, it will be the mail in their coffin.

9 players over 31, 4 will be 34 before next season starts, and they won’t have any decent picks in 2024 or 2025.

Not to mention their second best player under 22 wants out
And in 2026 when we get Walker and the Pies get TAS scraps 😂

I would get rid of both and replace with Ethan Phillips and/or similar state league player.

I think we keep borderline players for far too long and actually think this is a case of better the devil you don't know. I'd rather take a punt on an unknown quantity than hang on to one we know is not good enough and/or perpetually injured.

Young has two years left on his contract. I suspect the club would have cut him if not for that. That's why we shopped him, to see if we could get him off our books.

S Durdin would be the exact player we are after, if he was fit. But he isn't. Oscar Macdonald all over again.
On the premise that Voss and co. have really decided Young isn't up to it, agree 100%.

Priority, trade/draft aside, is to get the following fully fit:

1. Walsh
2. Cerra
3. Curnow
4. TDK
5. Big H.
6. Williams
7. C. Durdin
8. Motlop
9. Doc
10. Guv
11. JSOS
12. Cotters
13. Pitto (if we haven't shopped him...)
14. Fogarty

You reckon our 2024 season wasn't badly affected by injury?

Look at that lot.... way, way more than any other contender side imo.

Otherwise, if Young stays, put him, Harry, Kemp (and a few others) on a serious course of angry pills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Contracted to the end of 2026. Can’t see it happening and very rare Cats players walk out or are allowed out midway through a contract

poaching players with one or two years left on a contract and offering them big $ and extended tenure has become the new norm...

Alex Neal-Bullen had two years left to run on a mediocre deal. Adelaide present a 4 year contract + significantly more $$

Low & behold he requests to leave for "family reasons".

Contracted to the end of 2026. Can’t see it happening and very rare Cats players walk out or are allowed out midway through a contract

I haven't seen the stats but I'd think that most deals get done whilst players have 1 year left to run on their contract.... leaving it till they're off contract is fraught with danger.

That said, these days, the contract is seemingly pretty irrelevant...

Pies, Suns and Port are a long way apart on the Houston deal … - Sam Edmund

Make It Stop The Office GIF

Perhaps our handful of high qulity A graders should sacrifice a few hundred thousand and set an example for the remainder of the team?
Giving Austin some breathing room. Houston would have been a great addition to the team.
He may we’ll have been the catalyst to our 17 premiership in the next 2 to 3 years.
Well we can sit back and watch him tear it up in the Black and White, won’t that be fun.

poaching players with one or two years left on a contract and offering them big $ and extended tenure has become the new norm...

Alex Neal-Bullen had two years left to run on a mediocre deal. Adelaide come knocking with a 4 year offer + significantly more $$...

Low & behold he requests to leave for "family reasons".
Yes but again, it’s the Cats we are talking about. Miers won’t leave. They put team success and culture ahead of anything. Trust me, I see it first hand here in Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back