Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I am sure that Richmond will drag this out until the final hour hoping we fold.If nothing happens before the weekend, walk away Fremantle.
We need a player like Bolton, but we don't need to be screwed over.
As has been said , if Richmond want to play silly buggers, let's go fishing for Pickett.

No way it will be 11 and 30, Richmond would never take that and nor should they.

I expect wallsy and co will be pretty happy if it’s 10(or 11) and 18.

Worth remembering that when we did the Collingwood trade we probably assumed something like 15 (now 16 with battle compo) - so that and 18 is pretty cheap.
I bet if all we had was 11 & 30 they'd take it.

But really 10 or 11 plus 18 really is a juicy trade for him and I'd be reasonably happy for us to walk away should they want anymore than that.

Watching Gold Coast hand over 6 for Rioli should be all the evidence you need for why you don't just "pay what it takes" to get players.

Weller really stitched them up with that trade radio interview back in 2017.
It did, but we were all licking our lips with delight. Their list manager wanting to throw up his spleen and other organs in the lodging house is still one of my favourite modern AFL-non football field moments

It's 1:06pm in Vicland, so they're all having a much earned lunch?!

If nothing (and I mean NOTHING) happens today, nor tomorrow - the same applies on the weekend as generally trades don't get done on the weekend, all the list mangers need a break from their tireless hard work.

So the earliest we see any 'action' will be Monday. Let that sink in my hapless, impatient Freo fanaticals!!
I'm good. Just check sporadically while game spotting in the Aberdares.

Attachments

• IMG_20241010_105731.jpg
    IMG_20241010_105731.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 49
I'm assuming this is the "next person to speak, loses" phase of the discussion
English or Spanish
Watching Gold Coast hand over 6 for Rioli should be all the evidence you need for why you don't just "pay what it takes" to get players.

Weller really stitched them up with that trade radio interview back in 2017.
I want to hear this again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been very little to none of the usual gossip from ITK's and commentators this year. Very few real interviews with list bosses and player managers etc. Maybe the AFL have zipped everyone up this year its very strange

Or they know that regardless of how much nothing happens in the first 3 days they will still get a heap of engagement?

There will be something happen tomorrow and then it will drip out Tuesday onwards IMO.

dead GIF

Or they know that regardless of how much nothing happens in the first 3 days they will still get a heap of engagement?

There will be something happen tomorrow and then it will drip out Tuesday onwards IMO.
No doubt they are happy to stretch it out. And I suspect that the recruiters are ok with it. A bit of subterfuge to help pass the off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back