Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade week and a half is probably only marginally less boring than hearing the AFL boss read out the Brownlow votes. They should change it to a 2-3 week pre period where you can do potential visits and medicals and then have a 24 hour trade period, start at 12:01 am and finish at 12:00pm. All is does now is keep all the commentators working for a few extra weeks.

I think it is fair to be honest. We want to keep 11, they want us to keep 18. If we end up with 14 it is roughly the middle ground. Remember there will be salary attached.
There's no indication anywhere we want salary attached though. Hasn't been mentioned anywhere once strangely enough

I think it is fair to be honest. We want to keep 11, they want us to keep 18. If we end up with 14 it is roughly the middle ground. Remember there will be salary attached.
Just because they want something doesn't mean it is a reasonable negotiating starting point.
Valuing Bolton at 11+18 is already a very high price compared to previous trades. Although I grant it is hard to properly assess because of the impact of salary, contract status etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because they want something doesn't mean it is a reasonable negotiating starting point.
Valuing Bolton at 11+18 is already a very high price compared to previous trades. Although I grant it is hard to properly assess because of the impact of salary, contract status etc.

It's not just about what they want. It is pretty clear we are offering 10+18. Ending up with pick 14 instead of 11 isn't that big a deal if that's what it takes to get one of the best attacking weapons in the competition.

Our midfield was the main reason for our loses.

I watched your last game v Port. It was your lack of 22 players wanting to win more than the opposition. I think you dropped the ball on Baker, if you had both Bolton and Baker you’d be extremely hard to beat.

Bolton will make your inside 50s worth a lot more and if he reaches his potential he’ll be a top 5 player in the comp… so **** Warner. We’d be happy a player like Bolton wanted to come to us and pay the price. You got lucky getting pick 10 and 11, why risk losing an elite player over 7 spots in the draft. Bolton wasn’t a first round pick, Warner wasn’t a first round pick… don’t take your chances, take what’s there right now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back