Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no indication anywhere we want salary attached though. Hasn't been mentioned anywhere once strangely enough

Is there any precedent of salary cap being mentioned in a trade where a player has been targeted by a club? Salary cap trades are usually only mentioned when a player is getting pushed out for cap space. Bowes, Grundy, Treloar, etc were told they were being traded and to find someone who wants them.

Even though O'Meara wasn't a salary dump the Hawks still put the word out that they would pay some of his salary if they got a better deal, so GWS had a look until we offered him a better deal.

There isn't a reason to tell the media about the salary cap details yet.

Is there any precedent of salary cap being mentioned in a trade where a player has been targeted by a club? Salary cap trades are usually only mentioned when a player is getting pushed out for cap space. Bowes, Grundy, Treloar, etc were told they were being traded and to find someone who wants them.

Even though O'Meara wasn't a salary dump the Hawks still put the word out that they would pay some of his salary if they got a better deal, so GWS had a look until we offered him a better deal.

Fair comment. In the context of this trade in which Richmond will be focused on maximising their draft hand and where they are going to end up struggling to spend their cap, it is an opportunity for them to include it as an incentive. May not happen, but I think likely to be discussed.

Sounds to me like Bolton is staying at Richmond for another year
Lol no. It's trade period, this is literally normal.

I honestly don't know why people ever thought this trade would be done early. It was never happening.

100% coming to freo. Don't stress

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think the fact we appear to be absolutely steadfast in keeping one of 11 or 10 is enough of indication to be honest.

I honestly don't know why people ever thought this trade would be done early. It was never happening.

I thought it would be done early but we've reached the point that happens every single year. Not much movement, everyone bored, media needs something to talk about, we all get angsty and the DTFA threads kick off with snipes on the team you follow.

I watched your last game v Port. It was your lack of 22 players wanting to win more than the opposition. I think you dropped the ball on Baker, if you had both Bolton and Baker you’d be extremely hard to beat.

Bolton will make your inside 50s worth a lot more and if he reaches his potential he’ll be a top 5 player in the comp… so **** Warner. We’d be happy a player like Bolton wanted to come to us and pay the price. You got lucky getting pick 10 and 11, why risk losing an elite player over 7 spots in the draft. Bolton wasn’t a first round pick, Warner wasn’t a first round pick… don’t take your chances, take what’s there right now!
Exactly. It's only 7 spots so you should be fine just taking 18.

...Who said anything about being stressed? 10 & 18 is overs as is but fair when you factor in being in contract. We're talking about a club and fanbase who think 6 & 13 is a fair price for Dan Rioli. We're not negotiating with good faith operators: We're negotiating with (figurative) terrorists.

Best thing to do is walk away until they gain perspective. It may or may not get done (probably will) but I'd just be happy if Freo didn't give in to this level of overvaluation. At this point that'd be a win and would help restore some faith in our trading abilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...Who said anything about being stressed? 10 & 18 is overs as is but fair when you factor in being in contract. We're talking about a club and fanbase who think 6 & 13 is a fair price for Dan Rioli. We're not negotiating with good faith operators: We're negotiating with (figurative) terrorists.

Best thing to do is walk away until they gain perspective. It may or may not get done (probably will) but I'd just be happy if Freo didn't give in to this level of overvaluation. At this point that'd be a win and would help restore some faith in our trading abilities.
Lol. It'll happen, it's trade period, just chill.
Are people new to how trade period works?

In what world is a top 10 pick and another 1st not fair though?

GC doing GC things his warped your view.

Top 10 pick? You mean pick 10

Another 1st? You mean the last pick in the first round before the AFL added compo picks

Picks 6 and 13, no worries. GC overpaying has nothing to do with you paying a fair price for an elite player. Bolton is worth a top 5 pick, either get us a top 5 pick or trade us 2 picks that could get us one. I can’t see any club accepting 10 and 18 for a top 5 pick.

I really don't want to move from 11 anymore. Too many great draft options. Even dropping to 14 is yucky. We have nothing else to do this trade period by the looks. Should be as simple as waiting it out if they are strong enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back