Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

So far, Austin staying true to his word, setting up to take 4 picks, 12, 14, twins

While gaining a top 6 pick/draftee, by trading 12 and 14, will certainly give you a crack at a very good kid, I'd rather take 12 and 14 to the draft

Just feels like there is more coming
Still think Houston can be got for 14 + steak knives....

Think people underestimate how he will improve our team (through better ball movement)....

He's had 4 years in the system and by all accounts has no ability to run out 2 quarters let alone 4.. I'd pass unless he's a rookie and we know he will take time to develop

I read someone state his issue is he needs to put on size but he also needs to build up his endurance. Hard to do both at once
Sometimes, a player and a club are just not a good fit. He was spruiked as the best KPD since Weits to come through the draft, and Hawthorn's KPD system is different to convention.

If he were to come, he would not be expensive. We also have a little time to play with at present, given our attitude to the draft and our list profile.

I've been saying it all along. His value is similar to that of Kennedy's . But teams have become so accustomed to ripping Gold Coast off despite years and years of claiming those days are over (remember Jack Martin was their line in the sand moment) that they think it's their turn.
Agree on Noble. But GC are offering him 4 years at $650k a season, hence why Coll are asking for a R2 pick..

Think people underestimate how he will improve our team (through better ball movement)....

Port want 2 picks in the top 20 this year, so I think Houston will cost that, but with something coming back.

Problem at the moment, they don't have much give apart from pick 39

Given West Coast now have an issue with getting Baker done, would they consider 3 for 12 and 14? Points calculator puts that in West Coast favour from a points perspective. In fact from points perspective they're still in favour if they throw in 63 with it. They then have 14 to give to the tigers for Baker.

Blues get 3 and 63.
West coast get 12 and Baker
Tigers get 14

I know the hatred runs deep both ways, but is there any planet on which (should the dons lose Stringer) they entertain 12 or 14 and Owies for 9… no chance it happens if stringer stays, but if they loose him, they replace him with a proven goal kicker who is younger and it would also allow them to slide back to ensure their academy kid is picked before their first pick… there was some chat the dees would bid on their academy kid… could be a win win. Dodo is no longer in charge either.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’ve seen Houston play plenty of times and yes, he is an absolute gun.

But if I had the choice to bank say 600k this year under the cap, and if we have worked the books well from this point on, plus the cap increasing, then we could be looking at having approx 1.5 - 2 million available to launch at a couple of free agents next year.

I don’t think Houston gets us the cup in 2025(not saying we can’t win it btw), but maybe, just maybe, 2 top 15 kids, 2 Campo twin (this year) and a FA or 2 at the end of next year as well as a couple of NGAs could really set us up for an assault for the cup for many years to come.

Nothing’s guaranteed, but I know which I’d prefer and that’s not factoring in getting Walker in 2026

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the hilarity of Leppitsch having the temerity to ask GC for a combination of 13, 23 and Humphrey for Noble and F1 😂😂

Shoot your shot Leppa 👍

What a….

Sausage Kielbasa GIF

Given West Coast now have an issue with getting Baker done, would they consider 3 for 12 and 14? Points calculator puts that in West Coast favour from a points perspective. In fact from points perspective they're still in favour if they throw in 63 with it. They then have 14 to give to the tigers for Baker.

Blues get 3 and 63.
West coast get 12 and Baker
Tigers get 14
Only way they would consider this IMO would be if they were keen on one of Carroll/Kennedy/Owies and we could offer 12, 14 and Carroll/Kennedy/Owies for 3.

Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the hilarity of Leppitsch having the temerity to ask GC for a combination of 13, 23 and Humphrey for Noble and F1 😂😂

Shoot your shot Leppa 👍
IMG_5973.jpeg

Pretty sure I just saw Leppa’s car drive past me so I took a photo.

Something tells me it was 100% him 😉

Sometimes, a player and a club are just not a good fit. He was spruiked as the best KPD since Weits to come through the draft, and Hawthorn's KPD system is different to convention.

If he were to come, he would not be expensive. We also have a little time to play with at present, given our attitude to the draft and our list profile.
You would think a full preseason playing on H & Charlie being guided by Weiters could do a lot for your development regardless how long you’ve been around

I really believe we will offer Port a deal we are comfortable with and it will be take it or leave it.

We are happy to get Houston at right price or go to draft. Both have positives

Still lots to play out and many possible deals, swaps being discussed and they will up to draft night

Then we will sign a FA or two to fill some gaps

All going nicely so far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similar to the Jack Scrimshaw trade from GC to Hawks. Useless at GC, was very good for them for the back end of this year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jay Clarke reporting Carlton are interested in pick 3 from the Eagles. Potentially to take Finn O'Sullivan in the draft. It does also mention we have made it clear to other clubs that we are also happy to take 12 + 14 to the draft.

Last edited:
Port want 2 picks in the top 20 this year, so I think Houston will cost that, but with something coming back.

Problem at the moment, they don't have much give apart from pick 39
yes, i understand what they're stating they want, but that's judd territory - ridiculous for a HBF - and they would know it.. and of course they should pitch high, who wouldn't...?

What steak knives we can throw in depends on trades for Owies, Kennedy, Carroll or someone else?

they'll come to the party...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back