List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

****, that seems a lot, I hope he doesnt cop flak here like Schultz did and still does.

lol no

Because Houston is a far more known quantity than Schultz was

Everyone here is almost unanimously in favour of this deal. We were 50/50 at best on Schultz.

Most here were fine overall getting him, just not at that cost.

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks we're being bent over for Houston.

He's not a Petracca or Cripps or Jeremy Cameron, he won't be the defining factor in us going up the ladder.

Giving up Noble, Richards, a future 1st rounder and pick 36 for Houston and Pick 50-****ing-8.

Hine has done it again, we have not seen enough return on this trade and have 3 draft selections in the 50s

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Noble is just Best 22 and Richards is Borderline

So really Giving up 2 1sts for Houston who is still under contract with Port and 1 of there Best Players

I knew he would have been coming in to Melbourne to record content for the site

There's no way known he met with "multiple clubs" over the weekend with only 3 days left of the trade period. Particularly if this deal suddenly materialised a day later with - lo and behold, the original three clubs said to have been in talks to work something out from the start.

Odds are this deal was being worked out over the weekend with Houston getting assurances a deal would be done so flew in to AIA to record content.

I can see Hine swooping on Stumpf because of how well he tested in the combine.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has come from the clouds with that impressive combine results.

We'll have some special kicks in our team with all of Nick, Josh and Dan. Houston will help us get back to our attacking game from half back.
Even Pendles if he spends more time off half back will be helpful with this decision making and kicking skills

Not fussed at all if we had to give up 36 to get the deal done. Houston is elite in a lot of key statistical categories. He instantly makes us better.

The 3 picks in the 50s will come in. We could even bundle them to push up higher. Draft night live trade if a team needs points. Lions need anymore points?

Who knows we might even deal off a player or two in the next 48 hours along with one of these picks to push into that 36 range anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since nicks gone full time mid, our transition from defence has suffered and scoring from defensive half all but dried up. Houston fixes that. The way the game has evolved an intercepting defender and a distributor at half back are must haves if you seriously want to challenge.
Perryman will make a big difference there as well

Not fussed at all if we had to give up 36 to get the deal done. Houston is elite in a lot of key statistical categories. He instantly makes us better.

The 3 picks in the 50s will come in. We could even bundle them to push up higher. Draft night live trade if a team needs points. Lions need anymore points?

Who knows we might even deal off a player or two in the next 48 hours along with one of these picks to push into that 36 range anyway.

My thinking too. Ask Leppa to call his old friends up in Brisbane and trade two of ours for their 42 as the points still help this year (we’re really trying to take advantage of this last year where the system applies). Then get Hine to do his best work.

That or take Robertson with a pick swap. I’m less interested though as I’d rather back Allan for that inside mid depth with potential.

Noble is loved understandably but when he ***** it up, it's never minor, usually leads to direct goals to the opposition. He rarely makes a big mistake but when he does.. it's big.

Houston fixes that.

Markov remains a sub or emergency, so that should keep him hungry.

Really need to recycle McRae into a position he can develop if a follower is not his calling Reef is 22 years old next season and 6'4 with good athleticism. He was meant to be a midfielder. I still have hopes.

Gabriel Stumpf at pick 60
195cm?
Is he any good, interesting name.
Stumpfy!
He's come from nowhere, but impressed with his combine results.

Came 1st in these

Standing vertical jump

NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubHeight (cm)
Gabriel StumpfVIC MNorthern KnightsWarrandyte76

20m sprint

NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubTime
Gabriel StumpfVIC MNorthern KnightsWarrandyte2.815 sec

We'll have some special kicks in our team with all of Nick, Josh and Dan. Houston will help us get back to our attacking game from half back.

He can play the Role Nick played in his 1st Year

I think I read one critic on this thread mention that Houston is 28, implying we shouldn’t pay so much for a player that old.

Noble is the same age.

As with Richards/Perryman being roughly the same age.

We aren’t worsening our list from a demographics perspective.

Last edited:
If we have turned our 2025 1st, 2024 pick 36, Noble and Richards (who both wanted to leave) into Perryman and Houston then, dare I say it, we're a red hot chance of being announced as the winners of trade period 2024.

Flip side is that we're ghosting this years allegedly very deep draft if we're running with 52, 55 and 58 after the Houston deal is done, although they might still come in by maybe 4-6 picks each as well after Brisbane, Essendon and the Suns match the relevant bids for whatever that might be worth.

Will probably need to pluck a hopefully semi-decent KPD option and maybe some KPF depth as a late trade, out of the DFA market or during the SSP, as well as we're still heavily exposed at both ends with even just mild injury concerns.

He's come from nowhere, but impressed with his combine results.

Came 1st in these

Standing vertical jump

NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubHeight (cm)
Gabriel StumpfVIC MNorthern KnightsWarrandyte76

20m sprint

NameStateState League ClubCommunity ClubTime
Gabriel StumpfVIC MNorthern KnightsWarrandyte2.815 sec

That’s a Jonno Marsh type sprint time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back