List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

In other news - Carlton have secured pick 3 from WCE
IMG_7757.jpeg

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

As the period goes on, I lean more towards letting him go now and getting the best possible for him before his value only decreases next year, but still that deal was just unacceptable and it's crazy that it wasn't even being celebrated by Collingwood or Houston's camp.

Really hope we move onto dealing with North.

Do Atkins and Luko separately. Future 2nd and we take all that cap hit, and relieve them of Atkins.

Richards for a 3rd rounder.

Then see what North can table for Dan.
Basically what I said above but in a much nicer way.
This trying to attach other deals to the Dan deal can only end up bad for us and less cost to the side that gets him.

John Ralph in the herald sun
'The houston camp are furious'

Good.

Don't pick clubs that can't deal in good faith and complete the trade.

As the period goes on, I lean more towards letting him go now and getting the best possible for him before his value only decreases next year, but still that deal was just unacceptable and it's crazy that it wasn't even being celebrated by Collingwood or Houston's camp.

Really hope we move onto dealing with North.

Do Atkins and Luko separately. Future 2nd and we take all that cap hit, and relieve them of Atkins.

Richards for a 3rd rounder.

Then see what North can table for Dan.

Just on the bolded part, i'm not sure it does at all really. He's still going to be one of the best halfbacks in the league, he's still going to have 2 years on his deal. I think he probably commands roughly the same value.

The only thing that has shaken me at all this week was Chewy saying that we were considering taking the earlier deal. It was absolutely miles off. Glad we made the right decision but it feels like we're not far away from letting him go for a bad deal.

And it sounded like it almost worked without our outrage.

If I had to have a guess i'd suggest that Collingwood offered that deal and then leaked it to the media to ramp pressure up on us to take it.

Our 'consideration' probably consisted of "Hey we'd like these players and a 1st and we'd like to get Houston where he wants to go, how badly are we willing to get ****ed in this deal to make it happen?" and then they realised that it was nowhere near enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can BET that that absolute weasel Connors leaked this to try and put pressure on port to accept it as it was out there as news.

That's more likely than not.

Port where absolutely clear that another end of 1st pick was required.

Wouldn't be shocked if Carlton made a call to Port to blow up negotiations with Collingwood.

Collingwood never had the draft capital for Dan. They can weasel their way into Pick 13, losing their F1, with Noble trade, but this leaves them with no future 1st, and they’d need both.

As Richard’s is a pick 40 at best - they have to be willing to trade someone of value, like Mcreary who would be a good fit for us. SA lad.

Then you have a decent trade.

Houston for Pick 13, Mcreery and Richard’s.

Collingwood never had the draft capital for Dan. They can weasel their way into Pick 13, losing their F1, with Noble trade, but this leaves them with no future 1st, and they’d need both.

As Richard’s is a pick 40 at best - they have to be willing to trade someone of value, like Mcreary who would be a good fit for us. SA lad.

Then you have a decent trade.

Houston for Pick 13, Mcreery and Richard’s.
McCreery is a SA lad with a very Melbourne girlfriend, he's not leaving Vic anytime soon (plus he loves it at the Pies).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back