List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

A young ruck, if he's been developing well, would be a good get with a future top 4 pick. But yep, you need Soldo out to make that work.

GC and Coll need to cough up more or Houston is coming home. Hopefully that is the case.

Chewy316 if you really do have an in, you should get them to read this thread and see how ****ing furious our fans are and how confused every other teams fans are as to why the club would ever in a million years do this deal. Maybe it's not too late for them to see some sense. Have they not pissed off the fans enough?

Oh believe me me I haven't necessarily shown the thread to my best contact but I made it clear how much things have been blowing up on here and other forms of social media. I am not sure as to how much that has influenced Crippa and CD pulling out of this deal, but dare I say based on the reaction, this was going to be an extremely hard sell to fans.

I'm not going to say they're back at square one on this deal, but they're not far from it. Houston is adamant he doesn't want to be at Port next year, but there's a "red hot chance" that he remains at this point.

Port still want to send him to North if they have to move him. Let's see how desperate Dan gets in the coming 46 hours.

My biggest gripe is that it's not as if his girlfriend's work is something that precludes her from living with him in Adelaide for the time being. She's an office worker - can easily do a large chunk of her job remotely. I'll also say that I can speak from experience given the first 3 and a half years of my relationship with my now wife, we did it long distance (I was in Melbourne she was in Adelaide). Then the circumstances aligned and she moved over to Melbourne with me, and a further 10 years after that we're happily married with 2 kids. So this idea that he has to get back for her has always been absolute bullshit in my mind.

Cristiano Ronaldo - arguably the greatest footballer in the world in 2008 requested a transfer to Real Madrid. Sir Alex Ferguson said no dice, you have to wait 12 months then we'll grant your request. All parties agreed, and 12 months later there was an amicable parting. There's no reason that the same can't happen with Houston, and i mean who knows, maybe in 12 months time a player or two want to join Port who could be a direct replacement for Houston, which would obviously make a trade much easier to execute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BF board from midday onwards

639172505deeea5fb9a2b9989ef0b1bd.jpg

Collingwood dipshits are losing their minds on social media 😂😂
I stupidly read some replies to Cal’s tweet about it…Jesus H we are getting three players for just one what’s not to like?!?!?!

I look forward to them accepting our offer of McEntee, Marshall and Narkle for their back to back All Australian.

Oh believe me me I haven't necessarily shown the thread to my best contact but I made it clear how much things have been blowing up on here and other forms of social media. I am not sure as to how much that has influenced Crippa and CD pulling out of this deal, but dare I say based on the reaction, this was going to be an extremely hard sell to fans.

I'm not going to say they're back at square one on this deal, but they're not far from it. Houston is adamant he doesn't want to be at Port next year, but there's a "red hot chance" that he remains at this point.

Port still want to send him to North if they have to move him. Let's see how desperate Dan gets in the coming 46 hours.

My biggest gripe is that it's not as if his girlfriend's work is something that precludes her from living with him in Adelaide for the time being. She's an office worker - can easily do a large chunk of her job remotely. I'll also say that I can speak from experience given the first 3 and a half years of my relationship with my now wife, we did it long distance (I was in Melbourne she was in Adelaide). Then the circumstances aligned and she moved over to Melbourne with me, and a further 10 years after that we're happily married with 2 kids. So this idea that he has to get back for her has always been absolute bullshit in my mind.

Cristiano Ronaldo - arguably the greatest footballer in the world in 2008 requested a transfer to Real Madrid. Sir Alex Ferguson said no dice, you have to wait 12 months then we'll grant your request. All parties agreed, and 12 months later there was an amicable parting. There's no reason that the same can't happen with Houston, and i mean who knows, maybe in 12 months time a player or two want to join Port who could be a direct replacement for Houston, which would obviously make a trade much easier to execute.
I agree. My wife and i were apart for 3 years thousands of kilometers apart during the pandemic. We couldn't be happier in our lives together now. It made us stronger together.

I don’t get the girlfriend thing. I was a defence spouse for the first 10 years of my relationship (8 of those married). We lived interstate, overseas and apart during deployments. The preceding 7 years past defence life has allowed us to enjoy the fruits of years of personal and family sacrifice.

So I am of the view of harden the **** up.

I don’t get the girlfriend thing. I was a defence spouse for the first 10
years of my relationship (8 of those married). We lived interstate, overseas and apart during deployments. The preceding 7 years past defence life has allowed us to enjoy the fruits of years of personal and family sacrafice.

So I am of the view of harden the **** up.
I still believe that money is playing a substantial part in this even if its gf saying you will be getting more money and we will be together. And there's nothing wrong with that I would follow the money every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Dan Houston requests trade to Victoria - will stay if deal can't be done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back