• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You are radically under-selling Bolton.

Picks 10 & 11(likely sliding to 12 & 13) would be an absolute bare minimum for Bolton with nothing goig back ad zero salary paid. If they wat help with his salary, give us extra. You have us giving them extra.

If the deal doesn't happen it could haunt Fremantle forever if they make Prelims and Grand Finals and struggle to win contests ahead of the ball and score. They have the capital. If they want the player, pay for him. I am sure we are not asking for a Judd/Ablett/Dusty type price for him. Bolton is one level down from that. But one level down is pick 12 & 13 nothing going back as a bare minimum.
af98c-this.gif

Any particular one better than the rest?

Few posters on the pies board, now that houston trade looks unlikely.

Reckons what we are getting for Rioli. Noble being treated as a 2nd class citizen lol

There is so many, I'm not getting any work done, should have taken the day off.

Last edited:
Few posters on the pies board, now that houston trade looks unlikely.

Reckons what we are getting for Rioli and Noble being treated as a 2nd class citizen lol
That's being very generous to John "3rd class" Noble

I don't think any club is going to see it as beneficial to pay a huge chunk of a player's salary for the sole benefit of not needing to overpay their own players. I have no issue with Richmond coughing up funds for Rioli and/or Bolton to get the best deal on picks, but Bolton for 12 & 13 is not something we should be paying any part of his salary for.
But its not pick 12 & 13 is it?

Bids don't devalue the picks. Lets say hypothetically that this draft had Peak Judd, Dusty, Ablett and Franklin but they were all to other academies. Well we would of already knocked those guys off our board. We can't get them but we can make sure other sides pay, so we bid on those players. Each of them is matched by their respective sides. Out pick 1 is now called Pick 5 but we still retain first choice in the draft. Sure all those other players were taken but we chose to force the other clubs to pay "fair value".

Your picks only get devalued through Free Agency Compensation. Now that Free Agency is over, Freo have 10, 11 + 18 and they will be were those picks are taken in the "live" draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with everything you just said.

For the next 2 years, we should absolutely play and draft as many kids as possible and look to get value players on the cheap when they're available (Seamus Mitchell is a good example that we could get for free from Hawthorn at end of 2025).

What I'm saying is that, at end of 2026, when we've hopefully got some promising kids coming through, the portion of Bolton's (and possibly Rioli's) contract that we've been paying would be gone. We suddenly have an extra $700k/year to spend on a quality free agent, or to purchase a pick from another team.
I just have a feeling that the "Picks for Space" will be set up in such a way that it will be a terrible deal for the side buying the picks.

That being said this is the AFL so they will screw it up and it will be the wild west until some club ****s up.

The more Gold Coast get for 13 the better it is for us

We will get some of whatever they get

Bollocks. They're gonna receive junk picks way inferior to any of the massive haul we gifted Brisbane.
We will struggle to hit the 95% cap rule. Salary cap integrity is far more important than just the 2 mil number. Realistically, who in the side deserve the next big payday now that Balta is signed?

Gibcus has the air of injury clouding over any future contracts and then......

Laura Kane came out and said the 95% minimum 2 years is changing to 90% 3 years. Perfect timing for us and the Tom Green warchest will be bulging

With North offering future 1st for 13 I’m telling freo it’s 10 & 11 now or Bolton stays a tiger and when they submit send:

6,11&14 for 2, F1st & 25

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I just have a feeling that the "Picks for Space" will be set up in such a way that it will be a terrible deal for the side buying the picks.

That being said this is the AFL so they will screw it up and it will be the wild west until some club ****s up.
As is the case with everything, exploit early and often.

With North offering future 1st for 13 I’m telling freo it’s 10 & 11 now or Bolton stays a tiger and when they submit send:

6,11&14 for 2, F1st & 25

I'd do that

6,11&14 for 2, F1st & 25

I think we need to keep 1,6,14 and what ever we get for Bolton.
I'm all for trading our picks in the 20's into next year.

This is the only explanation as to why we didn’t trade for 3

Unless we think we can get 10&11 still and move them for 2

But the net gain is then 14 instead of 18 so that seems unlikely

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back