• 6, 10, 11, 14

• 6, 10, 14, 18

• 6, 11, 14, 18

• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Houston is a huge get for Pies, not sure why they're getting shit canned here. They're all in for a flag, as you should be when you're a contender.
Port should be canned. Rubbish trade

What discount are you talking about there? I'm confused. The 1508 is correct.

View attachment 2142537

You're right about the numbers, though. They can match a pick from pick 5 onwards with what we trade them.

4 = 1627
5 = 1502 (Get pick 73 back)
6 = 1401 (Get pick 63 back)
7 = 1315 (Get pick 57 back)
8 = 1241 (Get pick 51 back)

I'd say they're almost definitely safe.

Discount was the extra value of their points as they only have to pay 80% so the value of 1508 became 1885, or you could just devalue the points of the picks like you have done… same result.

Peak Bolton is never peak with us though. If we was such a great player, he would of been a cut above this year. You would of easily gone and said "Wow, this year, Bolton really showed how great of player he is." He has a total of 26 coaches votes for the 2024 year when he played 22 games this year.

His best is worth 10+11+18 alone but he hasn't demonstrated that this year and you are only as good as your last performance.

10+11 for no salary is fair enough for both side as Freo are paying for the risk he never makes it back to 2022 like performances.

I am happy to keep him for spite but there is no way.

This doesn't match any economic theory. While your pick might move from 1 to 5, what matters is that you still have the first available player.

Even though matched bids push your pick down, you still have the first live choice among the remaining talent, meaning the relative value of your pick remains the same. Richmond forces fair value on the players tied to a specific club, so once those players are taken, you still hold the first pick in the remaining pool. You control the market for the available players. It's the decision-making power and relative value of the remaining pool that count in this situation. Drafting is about picking the best from what's left or shaping the market to your advantage.

What economic theory does it need to match?

It is simple, if you have the pick that gets you the 5th most valuable prospect in the draft, then it is the 5th most valuable pick, and there are 4 more valuable picks now playing against you.

If you are judging the performance of the recruiters, then sure, you can't hold it against them that there are players they weren't able to access. But when you are judging the value of the pick itself, it becomes less valuable with every extra higher rated pick/player it has to sit behind. It is not even debatable.

How do we get a pick in the 30's to suit Gold Coast? (I personally think a pick in the 40's would suit, can't see a bid coming before 5 and we will have pick 6).

Suns need a pick in the 30's even with 20% discount to cover an early Lombard bid.

1728971776104.png

20% discount on pick 5 is still 1,502 points so even with our late picks they are still 200 points short.

A bid at Pick 7 they will currently have enough.

This is obviously what's holding up the Rioli trade otherwise it would have been done by now.

Houston is a huge get for Pies, not sure why they're getting shit canned here. They're all in for a flag, as you should be when you're a contender.
Pies 2025

homer simpson falling GIF

How do we get a pick in the 30's to suit Gold Coast?

Suns need a pick in the 30's even with 20% discount to cover an early Lombard bid.

View attachment 2142562

20% discount on pick 5 is still 1,502 points so even with our late picks they are still 200 points short.

This is obviously what's holding up the Rioli trade otherwise it would have been done by now.
All of their picks will come in by ~3 when Ashcroft gets matched

How do we get a pick in the 30's to suit Gold Coast?

View attachment 2142562

As long as Lombard bid is after Ashcroft all their picks will gain 2-3 spots adding the 100-200 or so points. If we had pick 2 we could guarantee that bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think they are making the exact same mistake we did
Over estimated the list and neglected Youth, especially with that lack of key position stocks they are on very rocky ground imo

Think they are making the exact same mistake we did
Over estimated the list and neglected Youth, especially with that lack of key position stocks they are on very rocky ground imo
Yep, we saw how fast the cliff arrived for our older players and they have a few.

How am I going to find time to digest all of Cornes commentary the next few days . Here is an exact quote from his show this morning when he thought the Port deal was off the table - he slammed the Demons board for approving the Oliver deal, then said:

“That’s what the board is there for, so well done to PA board for denying what would have been an all time bad trade…. and Rory Atkins still being an active player in this competition was the biggest surprise”…

And the icing on the cake? The team he said should be investigated by the AFL for poor trades got rid of Lukoscious and Atkins on a combined $1.7m, got rid of pick-13 they didn’t need as would be gobbled up by Lombard, will get Rioli, Noble and Lombard … and have 3 x first round picks in the 2025 draft!

If Tigers get 6 and 23 for Rioli he might just resign on the spot 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

pies fans are deluded they think they are in the flag window 😂😂😂😂😂
They did win a flag only 13 months ago.

I'm not surprised they still think it. We did for a few years after our last Premeirship.

How am I going to find time to digest all of Cornes commentary the next few days . Here is an exact quote from his show this morning when he thought the Port deal was off the table - he slammed the Demons board for approving the Oliver deal, then said:

“That’s what the board is there for, so well done to PA board for denying what would have been an all time bad trade…. and Rory Atkins still being an active player in this competition was the biggest surprise”…

And the icing on the cake? The team he said should be investigated by the AFL for poor trades got rid of Lukoscious and Atkins on a combined $1.7m, got rid of pick-13 they didn’t need as would be gobbled up by Lombard, will get Rioli, Noble and Lombard … and have 3 x first round picks in the 2025 draft!

If Tigers get 6 and 23 for Rioli he might just resign on the spot 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Gordon Ramsey Hot Ones GIF by First We Feast

the problem is they are not a contender even with umpies

They did win a flag only 13 months ago.

I'm not surprised they still think it. We did for a few years after our last Premeirship.
yeah nah they won an umpires gifted flag , wouldnt have made the 8 without the men in phlegm

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back