Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So is this where we are at now?

A) we give in and swap our two F2s for TB. We would effectively be mortgaging our short term future on a 29 year old if we do this and we would have to win a flag with him here to justify that. Not sure we are quite at the point where that's a reasonable gamble for us to take.

B) we give two F1s but get TB and something like WCs pick 26 back so they can save face and we are only basically giving up a future first and a pick slide? That's probably an ok outcome for both clubs but presumably they won't go for that.

C) we give a F1 and a F2 for TB which we think is fair. Again, probably a decent outcome for both but hard for WC to accept now. Maybe we add a late pick to make it more palatable?

D) we walk away and have one second round pick in this draft but a good hand in 2005. Not the worst outcome for us although we might damage our rep a bit, but terrible for the player and terrible for WC.

E) we walk away and then try to trade back into this draft using our 2025 future picks, which risks weakening our original 2024 position? Bad for TB and WC, and might not be brilliant for us either.

Any other scenarios that could be in play?

Suns need some points for this year and next year, wonder if we can do a 3-way here to help Eagles save face..

Suns
Get Pick 33, Eagles F2
Give Pies F1

Eagles
Get Pies F1, Hawks F1
Give Barrass, F2

Hawks
Get Barrass
Give Pick 33, F1

Suns are only interested in points for Lombard and Uwland next year and you'd expect Pies F1 is a mid teens pick anyway.. Hawks give up 33 instead of F2 but get their guy
Let me improve that for you

Suns deal stays same, and we help Eagles save face with 2 F1's

Suns
Get Pick 33, Eagles F2
Give Pies F1

Eagles
Get Pies F1, Hawks F1 & F2
Give Barrass, 26, F2

Hawks
Get Barrass, 26
Give Pick 33, Hawks F1 & F2

Would like to ask for Eagles F4 in as well and give that to Suns in exchange for any of their pick in 50's they get when the Rioli trade goes down.. These are the steak knives.

PS : I am actually surprised in the Baker deal the Eagles didn't even push for swap of 24 with 26. Even Tigers fan didn't value Baker at Pick 14 but Matty Clarke & team did.

Last edited:

So is this where we are at now?

A) we give in and swap our two F2s for TB. We would effectively be mortgaging our short term future on a 29 year old if we do this and we would have to win a flag with him here to justify that. Not sure we are quite at the point where that's a reasonable gamble for us to take.

B) we give two F1s but get TB and something like WCs pick 26 back so they can save face and we are only basically giving up a future first and a pick slide? That's probably an ok outcome for both clubs but presumably they won't go for that.

C) we give a F1 and a F2 for TB which we think is fair. Again, probably a decent outcome for both but hard for WC to accept now. Maybe we add a late pick to make it more palatable?

D) we walk away and have one second round pick in this draft but a good hand in 2005. Not the worst outcome for us although we might damage our rep a bit, but terrible for the player and terrible for WC.

E) we walk away and then try to trade back into this draft using our 2025 future picks, which risks weakening our original 2024 position? Bad for TB and WC, and might not be brilliant for us either.

Any other scenarios that could be in play?

C or D works for me!

Add F, we have another target up our sleeve we’re working on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embargo til 3.30pm tomorrow btw.
This is the biggest ****ing pile of bullshit.

Yes I've got other things to do in my life and I'll do it - but they're just being absolute campaigners with this. Absolutely no reason at all why they would do this the fans.

Barrass, and F?

Hopefully something unexpected happens tomorrow, even if it’s not about us this has been super boring.

Trade period dragged out and so bloody boring! 🥱

No clues, just wishful thinking!

We keep the F1 and F2 on offer to the eagles for as long as we can for Barrass ( unless needed in another deal ). Let the eagles walk away from our offer.

* A B C D and E were taken, so F 🤣

This is the biggest ****ing pile of bullshit.

Yes I've got other things to do in my life and I'll do it - but they're just being absolute campaigners with this. Absolutely no reason at all why they would do this the fans.
Given that nothing much happens until the last day anyway, you might as well embargo the whole trade period and just do a wrap up at the end!

AFL really is amateur hour.

Assuming it is a simple trade and the Eagles rise to the occaision of not being complete lunatics.
What would we prefer?

Give - 2xF1
Get - Barrass & F2

or

Give - F1 & F2
Get - Barrass

Any feel on next years draft depth? Is F1 & F2 > 3 x F2 (WCE, HAW, CAR)
Given we will win the premiership there might not be much difference between our first and the eagles second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back